iii

You look at the sunny sky as you hang the clothes you washed. Just then your sister walks in with someone, Kim Taehyung. You smiled at him. Taehyung was actually a really sweet guy, so caring and understanding. You're happy he's with your sister and their love story is actually cliche but beautiful.

Someone cleared their throat and you turned to your sister with a raised eyebrow.

"so... Urhmm.... Would you mind getting the groceries? "
You shook your head affirmatively and she almost shouted in joy.

"OK I'll be right back, I promise I won't take long."
"take your time.... ", you replied with a bored voice.
This wouldn't be the first time she had said something similar and completely forgotten about it. She'd done it so many times that you couldn't possibly care anymore.

She might as well spend the night at Taehyung's place.

You're now on your way to the store downtown. After a couple of minutes, you finally found everything on the list and headed over to the counter to pay. You smiled at Kai, he was your classmate in college. You weren't exactly buddies but he was a pleasant person to talk to, if he's not trying to hit on you that is.

"y/n......you look beautiful as usual"
"thank you Kai"
"you graduated a few days ago right? "
"yeah, so did you Kai"
"so I was urmm...wondering if I could take you out on a celebratory dinner for both of us"
"Urm... "
"why don't you agree miss? "

You turned around to the deep electrifying of voice of none other than Jeon Jungkook.

"jungkook? "
He came closer, lips mere inches from your ears.
"why are you pretending to hesitate?, I know you're dying to go kid"
You frowned and pushed him away. You quickly paid for your stuff and left.

As soon as you stepped outside, the cool breeze hit your face calming your nerves.
"I wasn't done you know..."

That voice... Jungkook. You turned around to find him casually leaning beside his car.
"what do you want? ".

He took a step and slowly began to walk towards you. You headed towards your house and he followed you.

"are you so desperate to prove to me that you're not a kid? ", he countered.
"what are you even saying... I didn't agree"
"maybe you should have", he said tauntingly.

He took a step closer staring intently into your eyes and whispered
"grow up kid"

And then he left you at the front of the house like a confused rabbit.

Flashback
Jungkook watched you as you pranced around in your drunken state. It was your 18th birthday and you'd finally done one of the things you've ever wanted to do.

Drink alcohol.

You had underestimated the consequences and now you're blissfully drunk. You smiled happily.

Jungkook gritted his teeth when he saw you with a beer bottle in hand. You looked waste and that's why you're probably spilling all sorts of nonsense about your life.
"Jungkook..... The high and mighty cocky young billionaire ", you started with a hiccup.

Jungkook glared at you.
" always making me feel irrevelant ", you said sadly.
Jungkook stared as you started to throw a fit. He really wasn't in the mood to say anything because fighting his own urges was tiring enough.

"Jeon Jungkook , am I still a kid to you?", you asked with a yell.

Jungkkok sighed. It was bad enough that he had no choice but to attend these parties where he's supposed to behave like a mature gentleman when all he wanted to do was bury his tongue in your mouth.

"if you keep throwing tantrums like this, then I'm sure I'm not the only person who will think of you as a child. If you want to be considered an adult, then you need to grow up", Jungkook whispered.

You rolled your eyes at him.
"OK.... What do I need to do? ", you asked instead.

"stay the hell away from me "
Just like that the alcohol dissipated from your body and you suddenly felt sober.
Jungkook was staring into your eyes as if to make sure his words had sunk into your head.

It did and it never left. Ever!

Therefore on your nineteenth birthday, you'd done the impossible. You refrained from inviting Jungkook to your party.  You so much as didn't say a word to Jungkook in the following years. You tried as much to avoid him especially on the end of year parties which were also your birthdays.

Jungkook made himself busy apparently being the hottest guy of the century. Heade his father's company twice as successful. You were actually happy for him. And you genuinely hoped that he'd continue to soar high like he deserves.

Jungkook bumped into your sister as he climbed down the stairs.
"Noona.... Tae? ", he stared from one to another.
"Jungkook... What are you doing here? "Taehyung asked.

"I came to sort out a small problem ", Jungkook smiled.

Taehyung nodded
"hey babe, can give Jungkook and I a second? "
Taehyung pulled Jungkook to the side and grabbed his ear.

"you listen to me stubborn ass.... If you can't stay away from her, why don't you let her know your true feelings?. You're hurting yourself and her as well"

Jungkook's face was etched in a frown
"Hyung, I can't... You know about the promise"

Meanwhile, your sister walked into the room when you managed to walk into the living room.
"not gonna take long Huh? ", you asked sarcastically

She only rolled her eyes.
"you okay? "

You nodded
"I saw jungkook outside"

"yeah", you whispered. There was no point in denying anything because she'd know of you lied.

"so did you two have one of your encounters ?", your sister asked in her elder sibling voice.

"unfortunately yes. Nothing changes. Jungkook will never change sis ", you said with a yawn.

"come here, I'm so sorry ". She pulled you into his arms and hugged you tightly as if she was trying to comfort you.

You were past being comforted. You were at your breaking point. Right now, all you cared about was  going on a couple of dates and trying your hardest to find a good man.

Someone totally different from Jeon Jungkook.

A/N
Will y/n find a good man. Y'all think Kai might work out?

Keep reading 😂.

Please vote .