Chapter 5 - The Tell

Start from the beginning

Guilt floods me and I step closer to her as I rush out "Oh, Ally, I'm so sorry I had no idea. I tried to tell Lydia to do less but she–"

She shakes her head and elaborates quickly "No, really it was incredibly sweet of you guys, thank you. Really. I just–"

I make a noise and put up my hands stopping her, smiling softly as I interrupt "Hey you do not have to explain anything to me– I get it."

Ally instantly breathes a sigh of relief, nodding her head once with my words before I notice the time "Yikes I have to get to class, I'll see you guys later."

I give them both quick hugs before I turn on my heel and rush off towards Chemistry.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Sitting down at my lab table just as the bell rings, I'm opening my book and getting my notes all together when Mr. Harris speaks up from the back of class "Just a friendly reminder– Parent/teacher conferences are tonight. Students below a 'C' average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment. Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"

Mr. Harris stops in front of mine and Stiles' table looking down at the boy who is highlighting what looks like the whole page.

I shake my head as Mr. Harris' eyes land on me expecting me to know the whereabouts of my twin can't help you my dude

We all turn to the door as it opens and closes loudly with Jackson casually walking to his seat.

Everyone's eyes are on him as Mr. Harris walks over to him and puts a comforting hand on his shoulder, bending close to him and keeping his tone soft "Jackson, if you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know."

Jackson nods and connects his eyes with mine, to which I answer with my own small smile hey he did make sure I was safe last night

Turning back to me Mr. Harris adds "You too Addy. I however do appreciate both of your dedication to your classes."

I shrug and look back to my book with everyone now looking between me and Jackson.

"Everyone start reading Chapter Nine– Mr. Stilinski, try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's Chemistry not a coloring book." Mr. Harris adds back to being the dbag he is, before he walks up to the front of the class again.

Stiles flicks his eyes to me, rolling them before tilting his head back. He spits the highlighter lid that was in between his lips up into the air before he easily  catches it show off

Stiles throws me a look before he leans forward towards the lab table to our left "Hey, Danny. Can I ask you question?"

"No"

Laughing to myself I try to keep reading as Stiles continues unfazed by Danny's short answer "Well I'm going to anyway. Um, did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?"

I roll my eyes and set my elbow onto the table, resting my hand against the side of my face as Danny looks towards Jackson quickly before he answers Stiles "No."

"Can I ask you another question?"

"Answer's still no."

Stiles looks back at me and my raised eyebrows before he asks Danny "Does anyone know what happened at the movie store last night?"