Chapter 5 - The Tell

Start from the beginning

Mr. S raises his hand to me signaling it's ok before he looks back to Jackson as I turn my head with a shake. I watch as Stiles gets out of the car, closing the door behind him before he's immediately heading over to me.

"Okay, now I want to go home!" the dbag continues like I didn't interrupt however I keep my eyes on Stiles' advancing steps.

Finally reaching my side, Stiles goes to speak when his attention is grabbed by the gurney moving from the store behind his dad "Oh, whoa, is that a dead body?"

I drop my head into my palm with his loud question before I turn my head in my hand and look back up at him. He looks between me and his dad and at least has the decency to look embarrassed with his outburst.

Mr. S throws him a look and directs his orders to the gathering crowd that is that much more interested in what happened inside "Everybody back up– back up."

Mr. S comes back over after creating a space and places a hand on my shoulder giving me a comforting squeeze "Addy, as soon as you're cleared you can wait in the car with Stiles, I'll give you a ride home."

"Thanks, Mr. S" I nod and he offers a gentle smile before walking away from us. Moving my lips between my teeth to try to hide my smile, I turn my head to face my best friend.

He throws me a look, moving his eyes around as he nervously scratches the back of his neck, grumbling "What? You know my mouth is faster than my brain can comprehend sometimes."

Chuckling, I nod with that statement before the paramedic says I'm fine to leave.

Stiles offers his hand towards me and helps me jump down from the ambulance before we make our way to the Sheriff's car to wait for him.

We both climb in the backseat and for the next silent two minutes, Stiles does a lovely fish impersonation while looking between the side of my face and out his window.

After he opens and closes his mouth for the umpteenth time, I huff and flick my head in his direction "Are you going to ask me what you want to ask me or can I just tell you everything that happened in there?"

"Wha– I wasn–" he stutters out nervously, earning me to throw him a knowing look as I deadpan "Stiles."

He instantly softens his face and morphs into the sweet boy I've known my whole life. Licking his lips quickly he turns in the seat to face me more "I can only imagine what you saw and went through tonight, tell me anything you want Adds."

I chew on the side of my lip, looking down to my hands in my lap before I take a deep breath, connect my eyes with his and tell him everything.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

I'm running late the next morning when I bypass Scott and Allison in the hallway as they walk in the opposite direction. Stopping my steps I turn back to her "Ally! Happy Birth–"

"Shuuuuush" she waves her hand in between us and looks around frantically, checking if anyone heard.

I look around the mostly empty hallway before flitting my eyes between the pair as I question "I'm sorry, is it not your birthday?"

"No– I mean yes it is, how on earth did you and Lydia find out?" Ally questions and I can't help but laugh as I clarify "You've met Lydia, yes?"

Ally smiles and lets out a soft sigh as Scott just looks at me like I'm not helping.

I jerk my head back slightly and give him a what the fuck look– which he just glares and shakes his head at me in return.

Ally notices our silent argument and chuckling she ends our silent banter "Sorry I just don't like to talk about my birthday."