Forty Nine: Jinxing It

His hair is crazy soft

His hair is crazy soft. He touches me gently, but firmly at the same time. His hands are everywhere- holding my head, tracing my face, pressing into my waist and squeezing my thigh. His lips are full and warm on mine.

They are just thoughts, but there is thousands of them running through my head as Dick and I make out on the sofa like a couple of teenagers.

Our privacy has been fulled stamped out over the past week. I've been communicating with Melissa, he's been investigating something as Nightwing (I can tell) and we've all been organizing the gala.

The most intruding thing though is the kids. They are staying at the manor and absolutely loving it. Even though the beach we live on is considered private, it doesn't feel that way, and often we have to accept that being outside the house means we're being watched.

At Wayne manor there are woods to explore, a butler they get along with and are allowed to talk to and a big gate, a fence and even more forests surrounding and protecting it.

I'm not even worried about the animal I sensed the other day because they'll either scare it away or fend it off with their powers. Knowing Ignatier she might even befriend it.

Despite all of those positives, they still want to spend most of their time with me. Once they found out where I live they were over every night for dinner. Because Dick doesn't want to come between us he basically swaps places with them and heads to the manor. I don't see him during the day because of work.

By the time Sandy takes them back to the Wayne's I'm exhausted and Dick is out Nightwinging, so we don't get to have any fun then either.

So we're stealing this moment while the kids are out getting milkshakes with Sandy and Cass before the gala, which is tonight. 

"I love them," I laugh when I draw back from him, "But they're really driving me crazy."

He grins, "Know what's driving me crazy?" He kisses me quickly, "Not having you to myself."

Soon, I think, but I can't say it because we're kissing again. Just as he starts to push me back down onto the sofa, the elevator dings.

I pull away quickly and let the frustration show on my face just for him, before preparing a smile, assuming it's the kids returning with my milkshake.

"Are you hoping to scar the children for life?"

I recognise the voice. Over Dick's shoulder, I spot a head of red hair bobbing through the living room.

"We're busy here," I tell Mai, trying to pull Dick's head back down. He doesn't budge though, giving me an apologetic kiss on the forehead before he draws back. "Traitor."

I sit up to watch her disappear into our bedroom. Dick's hair is all disheveled from my hands, so I flatten it down for him. He grabs my wrist and kisses my fingers once I'm done. I feel like I can't remember a time when we weren't so lovey-dovey.