Thirty Four: The Adventures of Perich and Kiddo prt. 1

I'm not bored. I am absolutely fine by myself.

"Why would they cancel it? I don't understand. It's literally fucking perfect! The diversity is literally the main plot. They renew that stupid suicide glamoriser and leave this with a little movie to tie it up?"

I wave my arms around as I speak, Luscious and Cookie both watching the action with disinterest. When I splash my hands back into the water around me they shuffle back further towards the door.

Since I'm alone, I have moved the TV out to the pool area and decided to watch Sense8 whilst swimming. Today is a day off, a Thursday, so I'm taking advantage of it.

"13 Reasons Why," I scoff, watching an ad appear for the upcoming season between my beloved Sense8 episodes, "More like 13 Reasons Why Clay Had More Of A Reason To Kill Himself In The End Than Hannah Did, right?" The cats stare at me, disinterested.

Yes, I watched that show as well. Upon Iggy and Klover's request, mostly.

Cookie and Luscious eat their fancy feast while I float around, half-listening, half-day dreaming.

So, as I was saying. Not bored. Not bored at all. I do just fine on my own. I spent a lot of time that way when I came back from my tour and as a child. The only difference is that now I don't have a beach to sit in and meditate, no waves to comfort me, no fish to join me, no board to hold me up.

Just a pool and my cats in Gotham city.

In all honesty there is a lot less anxiety without him here. I feel no pressure to hide anything- insanity or knowledge of his night activities alike. I'm not thinking before I speak, just blurting things out to Cookie and Luscious. I feel a lot more like the old me when he's not here.

The sound of my phone ringing from inside cuts through the peace of the day. I only get out of the pool to answer because I hope it's one of my siblings. Dripping water across the living room, I pick up the squawking device.

Unknown Number.

Well, "Hello?"

"Perich."

Ah. Only one person calls me that, with such a tone.

"Kid. What do you want? He's not here."

He scoffs, "I am aware of that. Obviously."

Snotty little brat.

I roll my eyes and put the phone on speaker, chucking it on the couch. I miss and it thumps on the floor instead. Oops. I turn and start looking for a towel.

"Are you still there?"

"Obviously," I mock him.

"-Tt-" If one of my siblings did that often enough, I think I'd remove their tongue.

"So you obviously called me for a reason, kiddo," I add, knowing how annoying that nickname is because I hate when people call me that, "What do you want?"

"First of all, never call me that again."

"No can do kiddo."

I can basically hear him grinding his teeth.

Whilst I may have been in the same room as him several times this month during painfully slow dinners with rich families, we haven't had that much contact. We glare sometimes, he makes little comments under his breath and shows up here to see Dick unannounced and demands I leave the room. It's great.

"I will end this call immediately if you continue to call me that."

"No you won't," I laugh as I dry my hair, "You called me because there is no one else. I'm a last resort. So, like I said, what do you want?"