Forty Two: You Love It Though

It's official! 7 years on Wattpad! Thank you for making them worth it! <3

◊

"Up."

I twist in the pool to look at the kitchen, wondering if Dick heard me. When his head doesn't turn from the Chinese foods he's putting on our plates, I face the hair clip on the pool side again.

"Up."

As Cyan, Eric's unique ability was gravity manipulation. It didn't occur to me until now to try it because the shock was still settling in. On a quiet Sunday afternoon spent with Dick in the pool, the thought came to me.

The hair clip suddenly flies up into the ceiling.

If I can get a handle on that, on a large scale, it will be a massive advantage.

I push back into the pool, floating there. Wearing a one piece feels weird, but it's necessary to hide Cyan from Dick.

"There! We can pretend I cooked it," Dick walks out with a plate in each hand and two cans of soda under his arm.

I laugh, "If that's what you want."

As I push myself up and out of the pool, he places lunch on the corner table. I wrap a towel around myself and join him there to see that he has done his best to arrange the Chinese takeout on plates to make it look home cooked.

"I want to see you fail to use chopsticks again," he says, putting the most complicated utensils in my world right on my plate.

"Nope. Fork," I demand, holding out my hand.

He pouts, but produces a fork from his pocket like he knew this would happen. I smirk at him and take it.

It's... Well, it's stupid. I should be investigating Grotesque. I should be checking in on Eric. I should be looking for his plans. Instead I'm eating Chinese food by the pool with my husband.

From the moment Dick woke me up, having some special fun in bed, arguing over whether to have seafood or Chinese, all I have wanted to do is stick with him.

Since I knocked out Gotham's biggest gang threat in one night, he hasn't been as busy. I've had him to myself. And I'm not even ashamed to admit that I'm happy about it.

In a few days we're going to Sunset for some mandatory 'visit to the family' in the contract. Not that we've been following it- we rarely go out for lunch or dinner, mostly because we prefer to be here with just the two of us.

"What is that?" He suddenly asks, mouth full of fried pork.

"What's what?"

He points his chopsticks at me, "What you're humming."