𝑜 𝑛 𝑒

𝑂𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝐹𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑠

Screams.

That's all I can hear.

They're loud, torturous and pain driven. My hands try to block out as much of the noise as possible, but I can still hear it. A few tears slip past my eyes and run down my cheeks, and the pain in my chest is so unbearable and heavy that I can't control the loud sob that leaves my lips.

I try to inhale a breath of air, but it's too difficult. My hands claw at my throat, trying to force myself to stop the panic attack that feels all too familiar.

My body falls over onto the floor, still in it's crumpled position, and instinct takes over as I kick my legs and a scream tries to force its way past my clogged throat.

I can't breath, god dammit.

I slam my hands into the wooden floor, my body flinging in different directions, like an injured snake.

Air. I need fucking air.

My pathetic attempts to obtain a breath of air are worthless as I feel myself drifting into darkness. My frail body falls still on the floor as my mind welcomes in the dark that is all too familiar.

I suck in a large gulp of air as I jerk up into a sitting position, my body drenched in sweat from the nightmare that I was having only moments ago.

I've gotten used to being tormented in my dreams.

I look at my surrounds and sigh.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot that I live in a house made of sticks in the middle of nowhere.

Surprise, surprise.

My body groans in protest as I climb out of bed (if you could even call it a bed) and slip my feet into the muddy boots that I always place right beside the bed, because I know I won't want to walk all the way over to the front door to put them on.

I grab my one and only dress as well, slipping it past my head and letting it fall lazily over my stockings-which I'm surprised I even wear, seeing as there is literally no one around. I cringe as I smell myself, realizing that I haven't bathed in a few days.

Or was it weeks?

I brush it off, grinning as I walk over to the basket of apples that I stole yesterday.

Did I say steal?

It isn't technically stealing if the said person leaves his fields unsupervised, is it? Plus, I'm a growing girl who needs her nutrition. Its actually a kind thing for him to do to leave his fields there for me. He wouldn't want some girl starving to death, now would he?

I take a huge chunk out of the fruit, sighing at the delicious sweetness. If I'm being completely honest, the strangers apples are the only food that I ever eat. I'm not complaining, seeing as it's kept me alive these past few years, but it's getting extremely tiresome.

I mean, there's also the fish from the nearby river, but I've always had such distaste towards anything fishy, so I usually steer clear of that idea. I only ever use the river to bath and...well, that's basically it.

My life sure is exciting.

I laugh at my joke as I finish my apple, making my way out of my sorry excuse for a house, and into the hot, steaming sun. I've always loved the sunshine, so I'm not complaining.

I slip out of my shoes and dress - why I always put them on without fail is beyond me - leaving me only in my stockings as I smile up at the sun, enjoying the blissful warmth on my skin.