𝑡 𝑤 𝑜

chapter dedicated to BlakeYong for bein a great supporter☺️ i hope you like it

𝐸𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑠 𝐵𝑙𝑎𝑘𝑒

"What the hell did you do?" I ask the woman with a look of disbelief on my face.

She looks up at me through her thick lashes, fear clear in her eyes. "I don't know." It comes out a whisper.

"How do you not know?" I snap. "If the fucking head of the kings army is after you, you should at least know the reason."

A sigh of annoyance leaves her lips as she pushes her body off of the ground, stumbling a bit as she does so. Now that I'm not trying to murder her, I can see how tiny she really is. Her arms are frail and thin, and her cheek bones are evident from the lack of food. And she's obviously been learning some fighting techniques, seeing as she kicked my ass. If I would have known that she had such skill, I would have prepared myself for it.

The moment I laid my eyes on her, I thought she was some weak little girl.

I was clearly wrong.

"I don't have to explain myself to you." She spits, crossing her arms over her chest. "Now that our little issue has been settled and you're no longer trying to murder me, you can be on your way."

She walks past me confidently, limping a bit as she goes. "And I promise I won't steal anymore of your precious fruit."

I roll my eyes, but feel slight guilt nonetheless. Yes, I hate when people steal from me, but this woman had no other choice. She was doing it out of an instinct to survive, and I would have done the same thing if I was in her situation. "You'll starve to death."

"Mmhm." She hums sassily, picking some sort of cloth off of the ground and shaking it to get the dirt off. I soon realize it's a shredded dress, and then realize that she's wearing nothing but her underwear.

I shake my head and chuckle, causing her to snap her head in my direction and send a nasty glare at me. "Why are you laughing?"

I shake my head again, scratching an itch behind my head. "You're sort of...underdressed."

She raises a brow at me. "So what? I don't give a damn about decency! I could strip naked right now if I wanted to!"

I raise my hands up in mock surrender, amused by her outburst. I wouldn't expect someone so small to have such attitude. "Sorry."

"Shouldn't you be leaving?" She asks, slipping her dress over her head. Her boots follow after, and she doesn't even bother to buckle them, which I find odd.

"I guess so." I clear my throat, running a hand through my hair. "My deepest apologies on trying to...you know..."

"Murder me?" She sighs, her face void of any emotion.

I chuckle. "Yeah, that."

She stares at me, crossing her arms over her chest. "You're forgiven."

"Thank you. Fair well, milady." I say somewhat jokingly before turning around and walking back into the woods, ready to be back home and in my peaceful office.