Search and Rescue

Start from the beginning

As soon as she got closer, she skidded her feet when she heard the clanging of weapons and the deep grunts of the voice of...Qrow? She listened carefully, curious about what was going on in the other hallway that she was going to enter. With pursed lips and a deep breath, she looked beside the wall she was hiding behind. Her findings gave her wide eyes as a result.

It was Qrow clashing swords with a short figure donning black with the silver mask as an exception. An unconscious Yang was lying on the floor, appearing to have lost a battle with someone, for the bruises and patches of dirt and ash were evident. Alex was beyond petrified, but she couldn't bring herself to stand by and let Qrow fight that masked man on his own. She had to help him. 

Grabbing her portable weapon from her belt, she activated its sickle form before jumping out of her hiding spot and throwing it at the man's face. Immediately, Nox looked up and he was struck in the forehead before he could move. It sent him plummeting to the floor back first. Meanwhile, Qrow stood with wide eyes as he was looking at the holographic blade of the weapon's sickle form. Upon seeing the Delta Rune on the handle, he knew who that weapon belonged to.

Behind the man's back, Alex dashed from the shadows and. Qrow noticed her after hearing her footsteps.

"You know," Qrow began, giving her a stoic expression. "I could've done it myself."

"Well, you needed help. Also, a simple thank you would've been nice." Alex retorted.

Alex and Qrow looked back at Nox, who was pushing himself back on his feet. The sickle's blade was still lodged in the small slice inflicted on the forehead of his silver mask. Despite the damage he obtained, he chuckled. His right hand grabbed the handle of the sickle and he slowly pulled it out of his mask. With that, the holographic blades disappeared.

"Impressive move, girl," Nox said, smirking beneath his mask. "Yet, you lack strategy."

He dropped the handle-like weapon to his feet before the sole of his boot hovered over it. Then, his foot stepped on it, increasing the force on the weapon until it snapped in half. It slightly sparked as a result before he pulled his foot away. With that, the weapon exploded in front of him.

"That was my only weapon," Alex growled at the shadowy figure.

"So, that makes you newly unarmed." Nox said, chuckling again.

The blue-haired human looked down at Yang again before she looked up at him and said, "What did you do to Yang?"

"You know that girl, I see..."

"She is my friend!" She said, sneering at him.

"This has been an interesting day!" Nox laughed. "And to answer your question, girl, I taught her a lesson. She has been eavesdropping on a conversation between me and two others. But as I fought her, I realized that she was a perfect candidate."

"A perfect candidate for what?!" Alex demanded to know.

"He's after the power inside Yang's soul," Qrow answered for her. "He and the Dark Ones are planning to harvest power from seven strong souls and pass it onto an almost forgotten figure."

"What?"

"It's true," Nox admitted before pointing to Yang's body behind him. "That burning beauty over there is strong with power. She is perfect for the harvest, so taking her energy is what I must do. One does not upset the leader."

"Chrysalis," Alex growled under her breath.

"I think we've had enough talk now, don't you?" The dark figure cracked his neck before swinging his sword.