Astrid, hearing his sigh, squeezed his hand gently and gave him a comforting smile. He looked at her and smiled back.

•••

Eira, daughter of a chief, glared hard at Astrid as she voiced her opinion out to the room and got nods and yells of agreement.

Hiccup grinned at Astrid and lightly kissed her hand, making her blush. Eira scowled and puffed in anger.

"I'll get you" She mumbled under her breath, sitting back in her seat and crossing her arms over her chest.

•••

"Chief Hiccup!" Someone shouted as Hiccup and Astrid were walking out of the Great Hall together. They turned and saw a brown haired lady in a purple dress, waiving at them.

"Hi, Chief Hiccup at your service" Hiccup replied, making a small bow. Astrid laughed softly at his dorky gesture and remembered that they were talking to someone.

"Oh sorry, Astrid Hofferson, general of Berk" Astrid introduced herself and put her hand out for a handshake.

The girl ignored her and kept her eyes on Hiccup. "Eira Nord, daughter of chief Hayden Nord" She introduced herself, smiling innocently at him.

Astrid raised her eyebrow and retracted her hand. Okay, that was weird, she thought in her head as she eyed Eira.

"What can I do for you?" Hiccup asked and returned a small smile as she squeezed Astrid's hand, knowingly.

"I was thinking if you could give me a tour around Berk" Eira answered, batting her eyelashes at him.

"Sure! We would love to show you around" Hiccup agreed, nodding at Eira.

"Oh no, I meant just you" Eira corrected, still not looking at Astrid. Hiccup raised his eyebrow and looked at Astrid who just shrugged at him.

"I'll see you later, babe. Bye, Eira!" Astrid said, waiving to Eira and briefly kissing Hiccup on the lips before leaving.

Hiccup grinned at Astrid as they pulled apart and waived back at her. He quickly turned back to Eira when he heard her cough.

"Okay, so I guess we can start at the Blacksmith" Hiccup began, leading Eira to left.

"This is where we make saddles for our dragons, sharpen weapons, and all the other stuff" He told her, gesturing to the line of people at the counter.

"Is it true that you were the one who first tamed a dragon?" Eira asked him, ignoring what he was talking about. Hiccup nodded.

"Wow, you must be so strong! I mean, you had to convince so many people, how did you do it?" She complimented, grabbing onto his arm.

He eyed her arm around his and gulped. "Actually, Astrid was the first to believe in me" He said, chuckling nervously and prying his arm away from her.

"Astrid. Hmm. She is good and all, but don't you think she's too aggressive some times?" Eira asked him, making Hiccup frown and shake his head.

"No, I love that she's determined to get what she wants" He responded, leading her to the next part of Berk.

"Okay, next are the tall dragon tower things. I haven't made a name for it yet. They're basically there to house our dragons." Hiccup spoke, pointing at the towers around them.

"Oh and underground, we have caves and tunnels also filled with dragons" He continued, nodding to a building that lead downwards.

"Amazing, you are so smart to think of all this. You know, in my island, I thought of so many of the things we use" Eira bragged, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Oh, I didn't think of all this. Astrid thought of putting the towers and built most of it" Hiccup smiled, thinking of his fiancé. Eira groaned in frustration and rolled her eyes.

"Okay, to get this straight. I want your hand in marriage" She demanded, putting her hands on his chest. Hiccup bit his tongue to stop him from bursting out and took her hands off.

"Sorry, Eira. You seem nice, but I'm engaged to Astrid. I love her and I'm not gonna leave her" Hiccup told her politely, not wanting to make a scene.

"Ugh, Hiccup! What do you see in that brat?! She's nothing! I'm prettier, smarter, better in everything! Why her?!" Eira snarled at him, scowling.

Hiccup frowned and opened his mouth to retort, but a loud scream stopped him.

"AHHH! I AM HURT! I AM VERY MUCH HURT!" Tuffnut screamed from the Dragon Training Academy.

They both turned their heads and saw the academy full of obstacles with the gang flying around, trying to get through it.

"Wooohoooo!" An angelic voice shouted from above them. They looked up again and saw Astrid and Stormfly, spinning in a circle and soaring to the obstacle course.

"Stormfly, easy, girl!" Astrid shouted as they neared an obstacle. She jumped off of Stormfly and onto the desk as Stormfly flew underneath.

Astrid skillfully ducked and weaved through the makeshift poles and hanging planks of wood. "Woo!" She shouted and grinned as she went past the final pole.

Finally, she reached the end and jumped off, landing on Stormfly. Hiccup grinned and Eira gasped.

Astrid shook her head and sighed in content. She smiled and turned to Stormfly.

"You did so well, girl!" Astrid cooed to her dragon, petting her head and laughing as Stormfly squawked excitedly.

Hiccup sighed happily at her and turned back to Eira. "That's why" He said, gesturing to Astrid and patting Eira shoulder as she froze in shock.

He walked over to Astrid who looked at him and smiled. "Hey, where's-mhf!" She was cut off by Hiccup cupping her cheeks and kissing her deeply.

"What was that for?" Astrid asked and grinned at him when they pulled away. He smiled back and shrugged.

"Ehh, just 'cause I love you" Hiccup answered, lacing their hands together happily.

"Just you" He added, kissing her forehead and making her blush.