"...you're...you're not angry?" He said, looking suprised.

I shook my head.

"Of course not! Why would I?" I said with an amused chuckle.

"I don't know... we were friends first?" Bill said with a shrug "...so...you're not upset I'm dating your best friend?"

I giggled.

"Nope. I think it's cute. She's had a crush on you for a while..." realizing my mistake I clamped a hand over my mouth, horrified at my big mouth.

But Bill was glowing, the smug look on his face making me burst out in a fit of laughter. His mouth quirked up at the corners, and soon we were both laughing. The feeling of sadness and desperation that had so shortly overwhelmed me now disippated, and I was glad for it.

As Bill said his goodbyes I remained in a cheerfullood, happy to wonder in the direction of the Slytherin Common Room, a smile still lingering on my face.

"Someone's happy" sounded a voice from behind me.

"Remus!" I said happily, turning around to see the Werewold leaning against the wall next to the entrance to the Common Room.

"You're not usually this cheerfull after a session with Snape" he remarked.

"I ran into Bill" I said with a shrug.

"The Weasley boy?" Remus asked, straightening up and beckoning me to come over.

I was only too happy to oblige. I hadn't seen much of him this past week. He had left to arrange for some 'buisness' and just returned today.

He opened his arms and I was only too happy to snuggle into him as he pulled me into a hug. I was still amazed at how rapidly I had grown accustomed to our closeness, tothe intimacy. I liked his touch, enjoyed the tenderness and all the little gestures he lavished me with. It made me feel safe.

"Yes. The very same. My friend Jenna has a crush on him, and apparently they're going out" I said, my voice a bit muffled as I held onto Remus.

"Good. For a moment there I was worried I had competition" he joked, caressing my hair.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Seriously?" I pouted "Remus...I have only a few friends. You're not going to go all caveman on me, are you?"

He chuckled.

"Of course not..." and with those words he leaned down and his lips captured mine.

I responded eagerly, my body pressing closer to his as my fingers threadednin his hair. It was amazing how quickly I had come to need his touch.  I craved the taste if his lips, needed to have him close to me.

The kiss started out light and gentle, but I wouldn't have any of it. Pressing even closer every spft curve of my body pressed against every line of his. His hands found their way to my waist, and I couldn't help the breathy laught that escaped me, something between a moan and a giggle. Wrapping my arms around his neck I let my head fall backwards, his lips trailing down my jaw and teasing the sensitive skin of my neck with gentle nibbles and bites.

"Hey Ash-oh!" A voice rang from behind me.

I felt myself blush a deep scarlet as I recognized the voice.

Remus chuckled at my obvious descomfort, keeping a hand wrapped around my waist on a reassuring manner as he let go of me so I could turn around ever so slightly.

"Dorian" I breathed.

My best friend was looking at me intently, ears red from embarassment and looking from me to Remus.

Truth be told, I hadn't told my friends about Remus. I mean... how could I? I couldn't just tell them about the whole werewolf/animagi buisness, now could I? I hated keeping secrets from them, but I just couldn't see any other way...

"Ashlyn?" He asked quietly, eyes darting to Remus' haggard appearance.

Remus pressed a kiss to the side of my neck.

"I'll see you later" he saod, with a nod to Dorian "I'm guessing you two need to talk"

I nodded, gratefull for his understanding.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning then?"he said softly "At the entrance to the castle grounds, after breakfast?"

Again I nodded my consent.

As Remus disentangled himself from me and started walking away, I thought about our little trip.

After all, this weekend was the full moon.