22 - Nesting

✧Previously on Chapter Twenty One✧

The story is currently winding down. As sad as it is, I'm more than happy it's coming to an end. (:

There was one time in all of Louis' years where he felt the most at peace, like he genuinely had nothing at all to worry about. This small window of peacefulness was right after the war the Nick and before Malum had shown up to town. It was a four year period where everything in the world was simple and calm. Louis didn't have to worry about other alphas trying to take down his pack or kill his mate. He didn't have to worry about any laws being broken or any original alphas hunting him down. It was a great four years Louis got to spend with Harry and begin their little family. They produced three beautiful alphas, the first known alpha triplets in history, and they got to raise them into four year old toddlers. Life was good, great even. The main worry Louis had at the time was making sure his pups didn't get into too much trouble with the other pups in the pack, and it was such a small worry at the time that Louis was reminded how much he missed it.

Then, there was Malum, and once she appeared, it was like Louis was hit with a whirlwind of problems. Her magic caused Louis' four year old children to age rapidly to their wolf maturation age. So one minute Louis had toddlers, and then the next, he had teenagers. It's been months since it happened, but sometimes when he saw how old his once little babies were, it made him wish they could still be young. Harry and Louis were young themselves, but now their children were almost as old as they were so it had definitely been something hard for the two of them to get used to.

Then they had to deal with Malum trying to kill off the werewolf species and using Harry has her main source of power. So not only did Louis have to try to protect his pack and all of the werewolf species, he also had to make sure his mate didn't fall into the trap. There was also the fact that Malum killed Harry and Louis' unborn pup to help in her witchy sacrifice. That was probably something Louis would never forget. Then there was the reappearance of Jay and Ed, which left everyone completely in shock, even Louis himself. He had no idea his mother never died after giving birth, and he never knew that Malum drew power from Ed's death in order to revive herself, and he had no idea three alphas of the second generation of werewolves were still alive as well, but it was like the minute Malum showed up into their lives, so did a bunch of other problems as well. So that was why now, after Louis had mentally checked off every single possible threat towards his or his family's life, he finally felt free. This was, without a doubt, the one time in Louis' life where he felt completely free from anything. There were no enemy packs. There were no corrupted alphas. There was no original witch. There were no sacrifices needed. There were no more wolves rising from the dead. There were no more hunters. There was no lingering thought in the back of his mind. There were no red alarms ringing in his head. There was no instinct to turn his head at a sudden noise. Now, it was like everything in the world was normal, and Louis could finally breathe without having to worry who was next on the list of threats.

Now, Louis could enjoy the fact that his beautiful mate was carrying their next pup in his belly. It was such a devastating time when Harry had lost the baby because of Malum. Harry really struggled with the fact that he wasn't able to protect their baby boy so after Malum had killed the baby, Harry was a mess. Harry was so heartbroken and lost, and then they had to deal with the fact that their toddlers were rapidly aging, and Louis honestly didn't think Harry would ever catch a break. Harry had been through the most shit in the past four years, and all Louis wanted for him was to finally be able to breathe again. Now that all the threats were officially gone, Harry could feel free, and he could now focus on the new pup growing inside of his body and look forward to the many new years he'll get to spend in raising the next little Tomlinson. Louis was so excited, and he was so happy once he discovered Harry's pregnancy. He loved when Harry was pregnant. His smell would intensify, and Harry would be drawn to Louis a lot more than when he wasn't pregnant so Louis loved all the benefits that came to having a pregnant mate. He was excited to experience this again with Harry, and he was excited to actually have a pup that would properly age rather than jumping a few years ahead. Louis was ready for it.