2 - The Baby

✧Previously on Chapter One✧

CHAPTER WARNINGS:
- Sad
- Mentions of miscarriage

There were always different reasons as to why someone would be grieving - Harry hardly knew anything about it - but everyone always handled it differently. The one time Harry ever experienced it was with Ed's death, but so much was going on around that time that he never truly knew the stages of grief and how to properly handle it. He was able to bury all that pain with his adjustment into the werewolf world. He was already an emotional and a mental head case at the time that Harry doesn't really remember much of what happened within the first few days of turning. That was how heightened his emotions were, so he couldn't even remember how he felt when he let Ed's death sink in. Harry knew he was sad, sure, but he was also a newly born werewolf while he was mating with his alpha boyfriend so there was just a lot of distractions at the time for Harry to not dwell on his best friend's death, so in reality, Harry hardly knew anything about grieving.

Louis, though, Louis knew a lot about it. Grieving came with being the alpha of the pack. You win some and you lose some. Louis was usually pretty good at how he handled his grief, though. He knew that being the alpha of the pack meant that you had to hold yourself up for the sake of the other wolves. The alpha had to be strong, and Louis had done that. When he lost his father, Louis bounced back and became the best alpha there was. When he lost his cousin, he made sure no more surprise attacks like that could ever happen. When he lost all those pack members from the war, he made sure their families were well taken care of, and that their legacy would remain for years after. So yeah, Louis was great with grieving.

Except, there was always an exception. Always. And that exception came in the name of Harry Styles.

When Louis genuinely thought he lost Harry, when he genuinely thought Simon clawed and bit Harry to his death, he didn't know how to handle that. The one time Louis let his guard down and proved that he could be weak was when Harry was lying dead and lifeless on that medic table. It was the worst days of his life, and there was never not a moment that he wasn't sobbing like crazy, but well, that would be typical of an alpha who just lost their mate. Alpha's have more power and strength once their mated, and their feelings are even more intensified when their bonded, whether it be a spiritual or a physical bond, so whenever that gets cut off with the mate's death, it could cause an immense amount of pain to the alpha.

So with right reasoning, there was an exception to how well Louis handled his grief.

But with Harry, he didn't know how to handle it. Again, with Ed's death, Harry was too focused on so many other things that he didn't have time to grieve. He didn't have time to go through the stages and reach that acceptance phase where he could finally lye asleep at night knowing Ed was now in a peaceful place. If anything, Harry just pushed that so far back in his mind that anytime it did surface, he would get overly emotional. So, that was why when there was a sharp pain shooting down Harry's belly and droplets of blood leaking out the head of his penis, he was no way prepared for what was about to happen. He had no idea. Harry's head was constantly spinning, fading in and out of consciousness more times than not. His vision was constantly blurry, to the point where he was starting to see shapes and black dots everywhere. He was always dizzy, couldn't walk straight, couldn't hold himself up longer than a few seconds without the feeling of fainting pressing at him.

It was in those moments that Harry had actual fear for his own life.

But it was hours later when he was finally laying down in the medic room, letting Karen check on him to see what was going on, that he never truly knew what grief meant until that moment.