Lost

I was traveling alone. Completely alone. I think I may be panicking.

No mom. No bodyguard. I felt naked. What was going through my mother’s mind when she thought this was a good idea? 

No one had recognized me yet. I guess that’s great. I wanna keep this trip as low as possible. Why? I don’t know. And that scares me. I don’t want people to speculate about us more than they already do. And another thing: Ed just came out of a breakup. I can’t just throw the I’m-In-Love-With-You bomb at him, and run away. I have to be subtle about it. How am I supposed to do this? I don’t know. I don’t know a thing.

The worst part of this trip is that I only have two days. I have to go back to the US on Wednesday for a very important event.

After three hours of jitters and anxiety, I finally fell asleep. I woke up with the plane landing underneath me, and for a moment I forgot where I was. Then the reality crashed down on me again, and the nervousness returned. 

I barely had time to breathe the air outside the airplane, when another one was waiting for me. A little private one. It was going to take me to Framlingham, and then back to America. The pilot explained to me that we were going to land in an open area and not at the nearest airport. A car is going to be waiting for me, when I get off the plane. And then I’ll have to get to his house with just a map and a GPS. 

I was going to get lost. I could feel it…

But what really intrigued me was how my mother organized all of this behind my back. How did she do that?

Time seemed to pass slowly during this second flight. It was 2 AM when the plane finally arrived. It was raining too, increasing the chances of me getting lost. Amazing.

I followed the GPS and the instructions my mom gave me when we were in Australia. Everything was going well for some time, and I was feeling kinda proud of myself. 

The GPS said to turn left. The problem was that there was no road on my left. I took a deep breath and looked more carefully through the window. It looked like there was a dirt trail there. I decided to trust the GPS, entering the woods.

I was very close to his house, driving carefully, but for some reason the car lurched. I stepped on the throttle but the car didn’t move. I tried the same thing a few more times, unsuccessfully. I opened the car door, walking around the vehicle. The rain beat down on my face, as I tried to brighten the place with my phone. I finally realized that I had done the feat of shoving up the rear wheel in a mud hole.

"Oh, no" I mumbled.

I stood in the rain for a few seconds, trying to decide what to do. I saw some lights not so far from where I was. I should be close. 

I closed the car door, walking away. My clothes were already soaked, so I started to walk faster. It wasn’t long until I felt the asphalt under my feet. I grabbed my phone and started dialing Ed’s number. I was freezing cold and soaking wet, standing in the middle of the street, waiting for him to answer the phone and tell me which one of those houses was his. My mom told me it was a bege one, but I can barely see things through my contacts in this rain.

He didn’t answer. He was probrably sleeping right now. I groaned, frustrated. Then, I let my phone slip out of my hand accidentally.

“NO! No, no, no…” I picked it off the ground as fast as I could. The screen was all scratched up, I could barely read anything.

All I could think of was that the cold was killing me. I walked towards the nearest house, planning on asking for shelter, praying for whoever lived there recognized me and liked my music, so they would get excited and not scared that some random girl just knocked on their door in the middle of the night.

I rang the bell twice, with cold, trembling fingers.

"Taylor?" An sleepy Ed said, opening the door. I sighed, relieved.

"You don’t know what just happened. The car broke. I got lost in the woods. I broke my phone" I said, stumbling over the words.

"What?" he asked, dizzy. I laughed.

"Can I came in? Please, let me in. I’m dying" I said, trembling.

"Of course, of course" He said, rubbing his eyes with his hands. I entered the room, happy with the warm air. "I’m sorry. I’m just not sure you’re real yet" He closed the door. I grinned.

"I’m the one who should be sorry. But, just tell me one thing: Who are you hiding from? Seriously" I joked. He laughed.

"I’ll tell you if you tell me what the hell are you doing here. But before that, I’ll just grab you a blanket and a hot drink. How about that?" 

"Sounds nice."

So in love (Sweeran)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें