『 limabelas; memory museum 』

it takes a while to complete the move of the piano from the music shop into yoongi's house. but what made it easy was that namjoon and seokjin had really cleaned the place up. there were no more odds and ends laying about the house, everything was cleared up and put into little compartments and seokjin made sure to explain everything to yoongi thoroughly.

"now, don't go messing up this place again! namjoon and i aren't your parents, we won't be here to check up everyday and clean up after your mess!" jin had sternly stated.

yoongi had chuckled and nodded along.

and in the sitting room, behind the sofa, an empty space was prepared. where previously a tall bookshelf stood, now was moved to the side, providing the perfect space for the piano.

there was a lot of heaving getting the piano in, but in the end they succeeded. just as they had finished the oven went off, signaling the food was done. jin ran off to the kitchen, commanding jungkook and taehyung to keep yoongi in the living room and far away from the dining table as he, namjoon and jimin set the table. yoongi wouldn't have left anyway, he instantly pounced on the piano and started playing one of his favorite songs.

by the time the table was set, jin called the three others in. on the table a heaping of food was laid out. jin's signature mother-like cooking served fresh off the stove.

at the table seven chairs were placed and as each one of them sat down they could not help but stare at the empty seat at the end of the table.

"ehem." jimin cleared his throat as he slipped his phone back in his pocket. "hoseok sends his apologies, he can't come tonight. he's held up in japan for work and will only be back tomorrow. he also says, happy birthday yoongi hyung."

yoongi frowns lightly. how come he never knew hoseok went to japan for work, how come jimin has never told him? but then he notices that everyone's eyes are on him.

he gets up, picking up his glass.

"i would like to make a toast!" he declares, smiling at his friends "for all of you."

"but its your birthday?" taehyung looks at him, confused. "we should be doing the toasts for you."

"actually, if it weren't for all of you, coming here despite all the things you all have to do, i don't even know what i would do. and oh god, who could forget the piano! the piano!"

jungkook, taehyung and jimin look uncomfortably down at the table at the mention of the piano.

"oh come on, no need to be shy! it must've taken a lot to get that piano! and i didn't even know it still existed. you guys are the best!"

yoongi looks over at jin. "jin hyung! the food, i couldn't have dreamed of a feast like this! and thank you so much for cleaning up the space, everything feels much more alive now! it's amazing!"

"and how could i forget, namjoon." there was fondness in the boy's voice as he spoke. "you were the one who planned everything. the song, the dinner. you're absolutely amazing." he turned to look at all of them. "all of you are amazing."

"so what do you guys say? a toast to all of you that got a moping, sad, min yoongi to celebrate his birthday and be happy for once?"

namjoon was the first to laugh and stand up, along with picking up his glass. he looks at yoongi with a shimmer in his eyes, as if they were glassy and he was about to cry. "of course, a toast! and also a toast to yoongi hyung, we wouldn't be complete without you."

the others joined him, standing up and picking up their glasses. "a toast!" they cheered and clinked their glasses together.

yoongi looked around him, tears forming in his eyes. this. this, was definitely going to be stored forever and ever in his memory museum.

and for the rest of the night, no one paid attention to the empty chair at the end of the table, as it had stopped calling yoongi's name.

----------
hey!!! i have a single day off from my exams bc it's a national holiday, science and civic moral education exams are tomorrow, but i wanted so much to post an update, so i did. but i want to kinda open sad hours for a bit.

[sad hours: opened]
sksknssj i feel better, like wayyy better from the problem that happened a couple weeks ago but i can't shake off the fact that [person] was really close to me for quite a long time, and whenever my mind goes blank it goes to those memories and i instantly want to curl up into a ball and cry.

also no matter how much people tell me otherwise i think [person] hates me :(
[sad hours: closed]

i really hoped you guys liked the update, a happy chapter bc, without knowing this book is going to end. in about 2-3 chapters, the story will be complete. i intend to finish it before reaching the one year mark :) and i have to say thank you so much for supporting me.

i hope you enjoyed this, please comment bc i love hearing from all of you!

love you babes!! 💞💕💓