『 enam; memories 』

yoongi hadn't gone out of his house for two weeks. and in those two weeks, he drowned in memories. he finished writing his song, the one about hoseok, with the help of hoseok's forgotten belongings. not just the tapes, but the old jacket, the old photos and the broken camera. even when these things had been worn out or even broken, they contained many precious memories.

yoongi stopped himself from writing letters to his ex lover for as long as he could, which wasn't that long. for some absurd reason, writing these letters made yoongi feel like he was still connected. connected to love. connected to warmth. connected to these memories. a connection that in a way made him feel like he was truly alive, not just alive but living. loving. and most importantly it felt like he still had a connection with hoseok.

he had taken out the box of hoseok's old belongings again, placing the vhs tape into the vhs player plugged into the tv. there was a click before an image displayed itself on the tv, a date on the right hand corner, today, last year. the tape began with the image of hoseok bringing out a cake placing twenty four candles on it.

"it's currently 00:12." hoseok whispered, showing the time on an alarm clock he had beside him. "it's march 9, and you know what that means. it's yoongi's birthday!" hoseok clapped. "i'm going to surprise him with this cake i made, and yes i made this in the middle of the night." he picks up the camera to show the messy kitchen. "it still beats me how he hasn't found out yet, but i'm glad, it is a surprise after all." the boy sighed, smiling. "well i'm just going to light the candles and i'll be back for the surprise." hoseok waved before turning off the camera.

it takes a while for the image to return again. yoongi waits patiently.

"happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you!" hoseok had sung, his beautiful voice awakening the sleeping yoongi. "happy birthday my dear yoongi, happy birthday to you! blow out the candles!" yoongi had done so, sheepishly

"i love you so much." yoongi's words were barely audible but hoseok heard them, which was all that mattered.

"i love you too." and hoseok had kissed him.

the tape clicked again, before the static hum finally stopping and the tape was finished. yoongi stayed silent, unmoving even though his phone was blowing up with messages.

he stared at the screen, sadness filling him up again.