『 tigabelas; surprise from the past 』

in no time the house was smelling fragrant with the smell of jin's cooking. yoongi had popped his head into the kitchen just as jin had finished putting something in the oven.

"oh darling!" jin wailed as he wrapped his arms around the smaller boy once again. "darling!"

yoongi smiled and hugged back. "you really shouldn't be here you know, it's bad luck for the birthday boy to be in the same place as the food is before the feast starts."

"who says?" yoongi snorts. "you sound like a cook from the medieval ages."

jin proceeds to gasp. "says me! and how dare you insult my age!"

just as jin and yoongi were joking around, namjoon's phone rang. he shuffled out of the kitchen to take it.

"happy birthday, baby." jin said, patting yoongi's shoulders.

"ew, okay one, that was days ago. two, you're not my mom. three, i'm not namjoon."

"will you stop being sulky and enjoy your birthday, god!"

"who says i'm not enjoying my birthday?"

jin throws him a look. "cut the sarcasm" it says.

"yeah okay, mom."

jin smiles again.

"yoongi hyung!" namjoon calls as he enters the kitchen again. "i just got a call from the triplets!"

"huh, have we stopped calling them triple trouble?" yoongi asked, genuinely intrigued.

"eh, they didn't really like the name." jin said, scratching the back of his head. "'we're not trouble' they say."

"anyway," namjoon continues. "they want you to meet them at the shop taehyung worked at last summer."

"the music shop?" yoongi asked, confused. "they're really making me go out on during my birthday celebration?"

"come on, you love them!" jin says. "who knows, they might have something in store for you." he laughs at his own pun.

"yeah, like, i don't know, a broken ankle." yoongi says, reminded of his third year in university.

"come now," namjoon says. "it's harmless. what have you got against them?"

"a broken ankle."

"you love them, don't lie!" jin says. "and anyways with you out of the house, namjoon and i can clean up this mess you call a house."

"excuse you. it is not a mess." yoongi defended.

he is wrong.

the house is a mess.

and he knew that.

"i can see your eyes agree." jin says with his mother like senses.

"damn it."

"off you go." jin instructs.

yoongi grumbles underneath his breath as he makes his way across the living room, putting on a jacket.

"please don't destroy my house." he says, actually worried, as namjoon and jin usher him out.

"we won't! we promise!" they say as they close the door behind him.

yoongi huffs as he looks back at the closed door. it doesn't take a long time to make it to the music shop. if yoongi walked all the way it would take 10 minutes. it's still pretty cold, but yoongi doesn't really care. he blows on his hands a few times and walks on.

the music shop isn't even lit when he gets there. although the sign does say open, it doesn't seem like there was anyone there. but he pushed open the door anyway.

"hello?" yoongi called. "triple trouble?"

one of the lights near the back of the shop turns on. yoongi is about to walk there when suddenly a light right above him turns on.

what the fuck? yoongi thinks. when has my life been some romantic comedy?

the thought settles in his mind for a second. he scoffs. romantic comedy? the only funny thing about my love life is how i managed to ruin it so bad.

he looks up towards the light.

"you know what, i'm too tired for this shit. adios." he calls out, turning to face the door.

happy birthday to you!
happy birthday yoongi hyung!
happy birthday to you!

and sorry about the ankle we know you don't forgive us yet, namjoon hyung told us!

three voices sung out, the last line let out in one, exhausted breath. it was obvious who's voices they were.

"what th-" yoongi had started but he didn't have time to finish.

another light had turned on. yoongi couldn't believe his eyes. no, he must be dreaming. this was too good to be true.

----------
eyo!

i wanted to update again just bc i felt bad but cliffhanger hehe!

i'm probably going to rapid update this book so maybe by tomorrow you would know what happened. :^)

thank u for reading! don't forget to comment and vote! i really appreciate it.

luvs u all so much!! 💜