『 empatbelas; surprise from the past (2) 』

yoongi couldn't believe his eyes.

underneath the other light stood the figure of who had once been the love of his life. a figure like a specimen from sunshine season.

there, underneath the light stood,

a piano.

and not just any piano, the piano from his childhood. on which his father had introduced him to music. the piano keys underneath his father's fingers accompanying his mother's voice.

he stumbled towards the piano.

"h-how?" he asked as he ran his fingers along the wood.

"you like it hyung?" jungkook's voice piped up behind him.

"how? i mean, i love it!" yoongi pressed his hands against the side of the piano. he picked at the dry paint, peeling a bit off and behind was exactly the same drawing he drawn all those years ago.

a sun.

"yah! don't go picking away at the paint!" jimin said, crouching down next to yoongi.

"but- but how?" yoongi asked, still confused. "my father had to sell this piano, the people he sold it to said they had it destroyed."

"well, it wasn't easy." taehyung murmured. "it wasn't technically broken, most of it was still in one piece, but way out of tune. the wood wasn't that good anymore but we didn't really want to pull everything apart, so we restored most of it. painted over and everything. it took quite a while."

"locating it was what took the most time." jimin said, getting up and straightening out his jacket.

"we hope you like it." jungkook said, flashing his signature smile.

"i love it guys! oh my god this is a miracle."

"we've got a pick up service to take it back to your house. so we're all good." taehyung said. "they'll be here any minute. let me call them." he then takes out his phone and exits the shop.

yoongi goes back to admiring his childhood relic.

jimin and jungkook step back to the counter. where they can't be heard if they whispered.

"should we tell him?" jungkook asks, looking at yoongi from the corner of his eye. jimin shook his head as he sighed.

"i mean, i want to. but you know their position right now, their relationship. they aren't even talking. hoseok," jimin said, rubbing circles into his temples. "hoseok wouldn't want him to know. he didn't want him to know. he told us."

"but, maybe this could be what will get them back together." jungkook protested.

"i talked to hoseok hyung, kookie. he didn't think twice about buying that piano, spending all that money on repairing it. but, whatever happens, he doesn't want yoongi hyung to know."

"i know. i just wish we could've helped."

"he said we did, all we needed to act and take the credit." jimin's voice wavered. "and make sure yoongi hyung never finds out."

"why doesn't hoseok hyung want yoongi hyung to know. the piano is an awfully amazing present and i just don't feel right if we said we were the ones who bought it when it was hoseok all along."

"yes." jimin spoke so softly, he almost couldn't be heard. "for yoongi hyung, it was hoseok all along." he turned to the younger boy and smiled. "like you are for me." and he kissed jungkook's cheek.

"i love it when you're in town." jungkook gushed, changing his position to loom over the smaller boy. "don't go, hyung." a pout already forming on his lips.

jimin smiled sincerely at his boyfriend. "i wish i could, but japan needs me." he tucks a strand of stray hair behind the younger boy's ear.

"but i need you t-"

before jimin and jungkook could get anymore cliché-ly romantic, taehyung poked his head into the shop. "they're here." he called.

after that it was just a blur of getting the piano into the pick up truck safely, yoongi being immensely pleased with triple trouble, and taehyung thanking the owner of the music shop (a lovely old man, who had packed some food when he heard this was for a birthday surprise) who had apparently heard everything from the backroom and was extremely overjoyed.

so tonight had been a success.

well, as long as yoongi wouldn't know the truth that is.

there was only one thing on triple trouble's minds.

hoseok was the one who did this for you, not us.

but of course, they couldn't speak a single word about it.

----------
hi! i honestly wanted to make you guys wait but i thought that would be mean. in about a week one of the busiest moments of my school life is about to commence, so i thought i should update while i can. i really want to finish this book before it reaches the one year mark.

i hoped you guys like the update!

love you all so much!! 💜