10. Decisions, Decisions

When we got back to L.A, I didn't want to bring it all back up again but I knew I had questions and Scott knew what happened if I just let my emotions stew instead of letting them out.

"Go on, I know you're dying to ask" He said as I stood at our washing machine and put all our vacation clothes in.

"What exactly did he say to you?" I asked.

"He must have gotten my number from my mom or someone, telling her that he wants to make things right or something. He'd have lied his ass off to get it, I know that much. And then he called me" He said. I nodded, meaning for him to continue.

"Look, I didn't say anything that would have given away what we were doing or where we lived, he'd have gotten that out of someone else. I just told him that you were over him and finally happy after he hurt you and that none of us wanted anything to do with him as far as I was concerned. Then we never spoke again so I had no idea he was going to come looking. Or better yet that he was going to find us" He said and I sighed.

"I should have known you wouldn't let something slip. You're not stupid" I said and he smiled a little.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." He joked as I shook my head with a smile.

"But do his parents know he's around? Does Shane? Why would he come for me first?" I asked all at once.

"I don't know if the Hussar's know. But he came after you because he still loves you, clearly. I mean technically you never broke up, he just ran away" Scott said.

"Don't say things like that, you make it sound as though I still love him" I said, shaking off the very thought.

"Sorry. But I made you a promise that I was never going to let anything or anyone hurt you, him included." He said as I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, his snaking around my waist.

"I know, and I love you for it" I said, leaning in and kissing me before resting my head on his shoulder.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, knowing something was definitely on my mind.

"He doesn't quit Scott. This isn't the last we're going to see of him, I just know it" I whispered.

"But it's okay, we'll face it together" He said, making me lift my head to look at him and smile.

"Yeah, we will" I said, pressing a kiss to his jaw.

"Are you going to call his parents?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Not them no, but Shane yes. I don't think I could talk to Cori or Mark about this" I said honestly, pulling out my phone and dialling Shane's number.

"Alissa Holt" Shane greeted.

"Hey Shane" I greeted back with a smile.

"I'm going to take a wild guess that you saw my baby brother" He said straight away, making me sigh.

"I sure did" Was all I replied with.

"I didn't tell him anything, I want you to know that. He tried to get information out of me but I refused." He said.

"I knew you wouldn't have. He'd have his ways, even without David's help" I said, thinking of his connections with people back in Florida.

"Do you know if he's seen our mom and dad?" Shane asked and I sighed.

"There wasn't a lot of talking happening between the two of us, that's for sure" I said and he sighed again.

"Figured as much. I should probably make the call and let them know" He said as our doorbell rang, me walking towards it.