3. Unexpected

Things went the way anyone would expect them to that weekend.

First of all, there was a lot of laughter. The six of us hadn't been together in the same room for a number of months and it was a refreshing change and then things got worse as we talked about the birthday girl herself, me.

Embarrassing stories were exchanged and my cheeks were in full bloom.

We then travelled back to Los Angeles with everyone to prepare for this road trip. Well as prepared as we could be, as we also wanted to plan to avoid Florida if we could.

And then the curveball that we had all been anticipating was thrown at us, in a way no one expected. The only way it could be.

That being the night there was a knock on mine and Scott's door.

Let's rewind to arriving in LA first, then we'll get to the curveball.

"Finally back home" Scott muttered, pulling into our driveway.

"I offered to drive" I pointed out as he shrugged, turning off the car and pecking me on the cheek.

"Not in this lifetime" He said, climbing out of the car.

"Am I that bad at driving?" I chuckled as we went inside, the rest of our friends following us.

"No, I just like to think chivalry isn't dead. I may not be all that gentlemen-like but the least I can do is drive you around so you don't have to" He said as he sat down on the couch.

I rolled my eyes even though I was smiling, and sat next to him.

"You guys got anything to eat around here?" Zane asked, walking straight into our kitchen as Elton rolled his eyes.

"You already ate most of the snacks I packed" He complained, following his boyfriend.

"Help yourselves" I called after them.

"Not that there's much" Scott added on.

I rested my head on Scott's lap and sighed.

"And what might your issue be?" Scott asked as I shrugged.

"I don't know. I just feel uneasy. Like something is bound to go wrong" I said as he rubbed my shoulder and sighed too.

"That's just your anxiety. When everything goes right your brain convinces you everything is going to go wrong and you believe it so hard that you're the one who makes everything go wrong in the first place. Just ignore that voice" He said.

"Well I have been ignoring the voices in my head for a year now" I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Oh? What were they saying?" He asked.

"That you're an idiot" I said with a small smile and he snickered, trying not to laugh loudly.

"Well you suck at ignoring it then, because it's something you tell me every day." He said and I shrugged.

"Stop proving it's true and I'll stop, simple as that" I joked as he rolled his eyes at me.

"Looks like it takes an idiot to date an idiot" He joked back, grin on his face.

"Oh shut your face" I said, rolling my eyes this time.

"You two do that a lot" Elton said, him and Zane now joining the rest of us in our small living room.

"What?" Scott and I asked at the same time.

"Roll your eyes at each other" He said and I shrugged, at the same time my boyfriend did making everyone laugh a little.

"It's because we know were both dumb and we don't want the other one to forget it." Scott said.

"Well explained" I agreed.

"You two are weird" Todd chimed in.

"Agreed" David confirmed, mocking Scott and I.

"You two are just jealous because you're both single" Scott said.

"Please, I could get a girlfriend if I wanted to" Todd said with a slight scoff.

"Yeah, sure. I'll believe that when I see it" Scott snickered.

"Come on, I could get any chick I wanted to!" Todd defended.

"I don't know dude. You're literally the only one of us who's been single since freshman year" Zane said.

"Whatever! I'm gonna get a girlfriend and then you'll all be sorry" Todd all but huffed, folding his arms.

"Alright ladies, are you done?" I asked. No one spoke but everyone nodded.

"Good, cause we have no food so lets go get some dinner." I said

"Sounds good to me" Zane agreed.

"You only think about your stomach" Elton complained.

"Oh like you're not hungry right now" Zane retorted.

"Okay, maybe I am a little" Elton admitted.

"Ha! I win" Zane said.

"Yeah yeah" Elton muttered.

"You two fight like an old married couple" Todd said, rolling his eyes at the two of them.

"At least I have a relationship" Zane shot back.

"Not this again" David groaned, not wanting to hear Todd harp on about how him being single is a choice.

"Oh my god, shut the fuck up!" Scott said, as a knock was heard at the door.

"What was that?" Zane asked.

"Someone just knocked at the door" Scott waved it off.

"Yeah, but who?" David asked, the same question playing in my mind.

"Are we expecting anyone?" Scott asked me.

"We just got home from a weekend in San Diego, who could we be expecting?" I asked as Scott shrugged.

"I dunno, just thought maybe you'd invited someone over" He said.

"Not to my memory." I said, walking over the door and opening it.

"O-oh, it's you" I stammered, taking in the person before me.

"Hey Alissa" They said as all my friends crowded around to see who could possibly be at the door.

"What the hell's going on, why are you out here?" Scott asked, finally seeing our visitor.

Okay first up, who do y'all think is at the door?

And second, I need a love interest for Todd (NOT CORRINA)