9. All Is Forgiven?

ALISSA:

I heard the door open and close again and looked out the small window in the room to find Scott climbing into my car. Surprisingly it didn't make me want to go downstairs with him being gone.

I didn't really want to face anyone right now.

It's not the kind of thing I really wanted to talk to anyone about except Scott. But he was gone and I didn't have too many choices left.

I wasn't alone for long though, as Elton had knocked on my door and walked in within five minutes of Scott leaving

"I don't want to talk to anyone" I mumbled, not looking up at him.

"I'm not here to talk, I'm here to sit and be with you." He said, sitting next to me on the bed.

And he held up his end of the deal as we sat in silence together, prompting me to speak the next sentence.

"Why now? Why would he show up now?" I asked, meaning Heath. Elton shrugged.

"I honestly don't know Alissa." He said, making me huff.

"That's not what I wanted to hear" I mumbled.

"I don't know why Heath is back but I do know something." He said and I looked to him.

"Those boys downstairs, they care about you. A lot. That includes me and it also includes Scotty. The five of us are always gonna be here for you because you've changed our lives." He said as I shrugged a little.

"Do you seriously think if I had known two years ago that I would be dating Zane Hijazi, I would have believed it?" He asked as I bit back a laugh.

"Because that was something no one could have ever predicted. And it almost hurts to think that it would have never happened without you. Without you, I'd have never been in one of the most amazing relationships with the most loving guy I've ever met in my life. There's no way in hell. And I'm at a point where I can't even imagine my life without him. But without you, I wouldn't be able to imagine a life with him because we would have never, EVER, crossed paths before." He said as I sighed.

"So before you go and cut us out because you think we don't have your back, think again. Because I can tell you that there is some serious anger coming from those boys at the sight of the man who abandoned you and broke your heart like that." He said, standing and walking to the door.

"You don't know what it felt like to see him Elton, it's not that easy to just forget" I said softly.

"I know I don't know what it feels like, and it scares me to imagine it happening to me with Zane. I'm just saying you don't have to think you're alone, because you're not" He said with a small smile as he walked out.

I sighed yet again as I rested my head against the wall.

Why now? I know I asked Elton that but I really wanted to know.

Although I had a feeling the only way I would find out would be by talking to Heath, who may not be as level headed about it as one would hope.

And I was 99% sure my friends downstairs didn't want to listen to me complain about it.

Still, I didn't like the idea of sitting up here alone while they all hung out downstairs. I sighed to myself as I stood and checked myself in the mirror before heading downstairs. I smiled to myself as I heard them all laughing. I had no idea what about but that doesn't mean I'm not happy to hear my friends happy.

They all went quiet, however, when I entered the room.

"Don't stop laughing just cause I'm here" I said with a shrug, sitting next to Elton.