21. What Happened?

In about ten minutes after my call to Scott, I saw our other rental car zip into the parking lot and drive around looking for me. Finally, the car parked two parks away from the rental and within seconds Scott was opening the door, pulling me out and into his arms.

"Shh Alissa, it's okay. I've got you" He whispered, holding me tightly. I collapsed into his arms and began to sob even more violently than I had already been doing. Scott simply held me until I finally stopped and looked at him.

"Is Heath okay?" He asked cautiously. I nodded.

"H-he broke his leg badly and fucked his shoulder, but he also hit his head and he thinks we're still together" I said in a quiet voice, not really wanting Scott to know Heath was up there none the wiser about the last three years of our life. Scott took a deep breath.

"Let's get you back to Joe's. I'll call Cori from there then let the guys know" He said, closing the door to our rental car and locking it before taking my hand and leading me to the passengers door of the other car.

"W-what?" I mumbled, confused as to what was happening.

"I've gotta get this one back to Elton and Zane, they're heading to Tallahassee for the night to be with Zane's mom. I'll come get the other one later" He explained, meaning about the cars. I just fell into the passenger's seat as Scott drove us swiftly to Joe's place.

"Please stay with me" I begged once we were out of the car. He pulled me close and hugged me tightly.

"Let me call Zane" He said, still holding me as he pulled out his phone.

"Is there any way you can get to Joe's to grab the car? Yeah, I can't leave her. She needs me. I'll leave the keys in it for you. I'm going to get her calm and comfortable. Thanks man" Scott said, hanging up.

"Alright, let's get you inside" He said, taking my key for Joe's house off me seeing as Joe was at work. He took me straight down to the room I'd been sleeping in and laid down in the bed with me. I stayed latched onto him for dear life, not wanting to be without.

"I need to call Cori, okay?" He mentioned and I nodded, leaving my body and face where they were, hoping he'd get the hint to call her from our current position. And soon I head his phone ringing and his talking.

"Hi Cori. Yeah, she went to see him. He must have hit his head pretty hard because he thought they were still together. She's shaken up about it, especially given the way Heath blew up at her earlier today." He explained. I could hear her tone on the other side, getting defensive. Uh-oh.

"Well, I told you from the beginning I thought her going was a stupid idea" Scott said, his eyebrows furrowed and his voice just as defensive.

"Everyone keeps going on about Heath and Heath's feelings, even Alissa. No one seems to remember he chose to leave her. And does anyone bother to remember or give a shit about what she went through last time she was in Florida? No, I didn't think so. I'm glad Heath's alive but you guys need to let Alissa breathe. Please" He said, hanging up the phone, then throwing it. I barely even flinched.