Get over it

I'm having such a hard time writing this RN ;-; but hey I'm trying to get all the chapters out, so here's this I didn't edit this chapter so forgive the typos and grammar mistakes. I didnt have much time. :)

Ponyboy POV

I woke up to Sodapop crawling out of bed.

"Mornin Pone." He yawned.
I sat up promptly, but before I could get far he pushed my chest back down quickly and with such a force I couldn't fight back.

"Hold on there little buddy. You should be resting. Lay down." Soda hushed.

I frowned but lied my head back down on the soft pillow. It felt nice. I was only a little tired of being treated like I just cheated death or something.

"You ok Ponyboy?" He asked but I merely nodded.
Was I actin' weird?
I felt weird.
Numb.

"I'm fine Soda, stop worrying too much."
He gave a skeptical look that told me he didn't believe anything i was saying.

Soda didn't have time to argue with me because a  screen door slamming shut interrupted the quiet atmosphere of the house, making me jump in the sheets.

"MORNING CURTIS BROTHERS-"

"Two-bit" Sodapop hissed.

I rubbed the side of my forehead, pounding shallowly, that didn't feel too great.

"Hey," Soda nudged me "are you sure you're feeling ok, maybe just stay in bed today....I can talk to Darry he would let you stay home."

"No Soda! I swear I'm ok! Look" I continued to get up and stand on the bed. "I'm FINE! See! Stop worrying."

Sodapop laughed before pushing me down off the bed. "let's eat."

"And I thought you were actually gonna sleep in today, now didn't I?" Darry sighed setting down glass plates with the classic eggs and toast, I took my seat.

"Got any jelly left?" Sodapop asked his head inside the fridge, the sound of items hitting each other was heard as he searched.

"Sorry little buddy. Ran out the other day"

"Rea-" the sound of Soda hitting his head on the fridge then a low groan made me laugh. "Nabbit"

"That's what you get for eating it right out of the container now is it. None left. Eat eggs like a regular human and maybe I'll get more" Darry laughs slightly, Sodapop plopping down next to him still rubbing the back of his head.

I looked down at my food but for some reason couldn't find the courage to to begin eating it. Looking at the egg made my stomach churn, and I knew I probably couldn't keep it down if i ate any. So I picked up my fork and began to slide the eggs around, the metal making that weird screeching noise as the fried egg slide around my plate.

That's when I see everyone staring at me uncomfortably.

"Are you gon' eat that?" Twobit pointed to my bacon sitting lonely on the edge of my plate. I pushed it off as he quickly grabbed it before Steve next to him could.

"You can take the day off today, Ponyboy."

I looked at Darry and sighed to show him I was ok.  "I'm fine. Really Darry. Worry too much and you will give 'yer  self an aneurysm."

He shook his head. "That explains why you aren't eating. If youre going to convince me I would try harder."

I rolled my eyes.

Without eating I stood up and heading to grab my backpack by the front door to leave for school.
"Hey don't you want a ri-" I slammed the door, walking to school by myself.
*

O

*
Arriving at school I wish I stayed home. My head was pounding and I felt pretty sick, but Darry wasn't going to know that. You could bet on it. He already worried himself sick over nothing. This was nothing. Just a morning stomach ache- it would go away soon enough.

Before I realized anything wrong walking up to my locker I realized that I managed to walk all the way to school by myself without a second thought- in pajamas. Good job.

My face must have turned 50 shades of red- maybe I was losing my mind. Luckily it was only an old shirt and sweatpants. Whatever wasn't too bad.

"Heyyy greaser!"

I froze.

Slowly I turned around to face someone I vaguely recognized. Maybe he was friends with Bob. That would explain it.

"Looks like you forgot to change. Now this attire is different from the usual trash bag. I almost like it." He reached out to grab me, but I pushed his hand away.

"Clearly you don't have style. If you did you would wear something beside Madras everyday" I smirked, earning myself a dirty look from the two behind him.

Bad move. Can't I keep my mouth shut?

"Wanna say that again, slime?" He spat.

Before I could move he had my hands behind my back pushing my face against the cold locker.

"Say. It. Again."

Man I never knew that could upset someone so badly. I hear it everyday from then

"Sorry did I upset you?" I mocked, but he pushed harder "You can't make me!"
My neck was beginning to feel uncomfortable"let me go!"

"Why would I do that?"

I squinted my eyes and tried to break lose, only to fail. This is just what I needed.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice behind me and the grip on my arm ease.

"Let em go guys. I got this."

The social holding me down leaned closer to my ear "I'll be back" then continued to shove my shoulder.

The force on my wrists and face was released, a hand held onto my shoulder turning me around.

"Hey Ponyboy, I'm sorry about that. Are you all right?" It was Randy facing me with an apologetic look.

I managed a smile. "Hi Randy, thanks for that." He put me on the back slightly. "Anytime kid. Speaking of- how you holding up? I've never seen you here so early." I shrugged slightly "Yanno, ok I guess, Considering." Randy nodded understandingly.

I felt something weird under my lip, bringing up my hand I felt the blood running down onto my lip. I didn't think I hit my face that hard when he shoved me.

"How about we talk at lunch? Catch up?" I smiled and nodded, still holding onto my bleeding nose. Like Randy and all but I needed a tissue. "Thanks. I would like that."
"Course you would" he pat me on the shoulder then left promptly leaving me kind of dazed.

I slammed my locker, heading to the bathroom to grab a towel.

Not even noticing....

hi it's me 5 months later skdkdk....I'll continue to update now :,)