one

setting: mystic falls, 1864.
third person's point of view.

laughter echoed through the halls of stefan salvatore's room as he tickled and joked with his girlfriend, katherine pierce. she got on top of him in the bed which they were sharing, and went to kiss his neck. she took a light,gentle hand and stroked stefan's cheek. she kissed him once, slowly, on his neck, before baring her vampire face and slowly digging into his neck with her canines.

she got up quickly, moving in a slight blur to the edge of the bed, coughing and sputtering, before mustering out weakly,"vervain.."

stefan tried to help her but it was to no avail, his father came storming in,"go boy! now! fetch the sheriff, tell him we have a vampire on our hands before she kills us both!"

stefan looked between his father and katherine, before making a silent agreement with himself,"no. i won't leave her! you'll have to kill me!"

"then so be it." giuseppe raised his arm and aimed at stefan, baring a small revolver.

katherine was up in a flash, having regained her strength, biting into his neck visciously and knocking the gun out of his hands. when he was drained of his blood, dead, she turned to stefan and looked him in his eyes,"i'm sorry " she bit into her wrist, a disgusting crack sounding through the room, and fed him her blood. then she snapped his neck.

"i love you.." she whispered.

katherine proceeded down the hall, rushing to damon's sleeping quarters. she placed a quick kiss on his lips before looking into his eyes. she bit into her wrist again, feeding him her blood and snapping his neck.

she slowly crept down the hall to mia's room. her dearest best friend. she was sleeping soundly in her bed. katherine shook her awake, and when mia awoke, katherine repeated the process she had with her brothers, but this time with tears flowing down her cheeks.

katherine was out of the house in a blur, and soon being taken in by the vampire hunters of the council. she didn't fight hard, knowing the lockwood boy would save her. and he did. she escaped death, leaving her vampire friends in the tomb. and leaving mia and stefan, her best and only friend and true love, to fend for themselves as vampires.

setting: two hours later, the tomb vampires are sealed shut.
mia's point of view

i awoke with a deep gasp, which left me heaving a moment after. i took in my surroundings and noticed my brothers hovering over me in my bedroom. i rubbed the base of my neck, feeling a cramp,"what's going on?"

"mia.." damon trailed off carefully,"father has died. we awoke to find hm with his throat tore out. we have also come to find that we have changed. we've become monsters."

his face turned completely different in a matter of seconds, suddenly he was growling at me, fangs poking out of his mouth and his eyes were a deep crimson red. he had black veins appearing beneath them.

i gasped and pressed my body to the headboard, trying to shuffle away in fear.

"be calm mia. you are one too, but you must complete the transition to be like us." stefan spoke from the other side of me.

"o-okay."i stuttered,"help me do it."

and so they did. they fed me blood, which had came from the sheriff of mystic falls, and i became something i never dreamed possible. a vampire.