Chapter 20

Hayden

Colby and I are officially dating, well between friends, we aren't really ready to show it to the social media world. Nevertheless, I couldn't be more happy. I'm glad we worked things out when he came over that night.

Even though we acted like children, I'm glad we had that "fight", if I can even call it that. I basically ran away before it could get worse than it was. But we fixed things between us, and I think we wouldn't be dating if it wasn't for that.

It's crazy to think about how much can actually change after one complicated situation. Sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better. But needless to say, I'm happy to have him in my life.

Another good news is that I got the job and I've already worked two shifts. I really like it already. I've gotten to know two of my coworkers a bit, because we actually are going to be working together quite often, if I remember correctly. To be honest, my boss talked for so long that I zoomed out after a while.

Anyway, Nancy and Caleb are really nice people, and it's so much fun working with them. I really think they might become my friends. You know, it might be nice to have other friends than the trap house and everyone that comes with them.

Not that I don't like them, but sometimes they can be a little bit too much. So it's nice to know I have other options, other people to turn to if I want to hang out.

"What are you thinking about?" Colby asked, I didn't realize that I've been staring blankly at the wall. I blinked a few times before looking at him.

"Oh, just work and the people I work with." I told him sheepishly, he nodded and turned back to the tv.

We are currently watching friends, because it's the best show that's ever been made... and I made him.

"Do you like your coworkers?" Colby asked, his eyes still glued to the screen. I don't understand why he complains when he actually likes to watch it. I guess it's just what guys do.

"I've only gotten to know Nancy and Caleb, but they are really nice and I like them a lot." I told him, smiling. The job environment seems to be much better than New York, so I'm kinda happy I never got as far as moving back.

"Caleb? Is that a boy?" He asked and gave me a weird glance, I nodded frowning. Why did he look at me like that? It's a normal name.

"Is there anything wrong with that?" I asked and snuggled closer to him, Colby chuckled and put his arm around my back, making me smile.

"No, you just never mentioned him." Colby said casually and shrugged. Now I was the one who chuckled.

"Maybe because I've only worked there two times, and we never really talked about it?" I said back, my voice had a hint of sarcasm.

"Yeah." He mumbled and turned his attention back to the tv. Sometimes Colby is really weird, it's like he wants to say or do something, but then he just gets all weird and never really says what's on his mind.

I don't like it when he does that, but I've known him for a while now and I guess that just how he is. It's something I have to get used to, as long as it isn't about serious matters.

For the rest of the day, we pretty much just stayed in my bed. Now that I live with my parents again, we like to spend time here. Especially when we want to have some alone time.

It's only been a week since the fight and everything, but I think we have grown so much closer now. I really like him, it's crazy. Even if it's just a text from him, the butterflies go crazy and I probably look like a crazy person, because my smile gets so big.

~

I woke up to the most annoying noise on earth, my alarm clock. So I started slapping my phone trying to turn it of without opening my eyes. After a few moments I gave up.

Groaning I got out of bed and lazily walked out of my room and to the kitchen. I made myself a quick meal and some coffee to wake myself up, before starting to get ready.

I work 4 days a week and I start at 8am. After being out of work for a while, it's hard to wake up at 6am. It literally feels like I'm dying every time.

Even though I'm 19, I don't have a car. I had to give that up even I moved. My mom and dad didn't want to pay for the transfer, so that really sucked. Nevertheless, my dad is sick and he is letting me use his car today. I guess he feels bad, otherwise he never would let me borrow it.

Pulling up to work, my smile grew. I really like this job, so I get excited even when I think about it. Also it's not that hard, we just make coffee and just hang around.

When I walked inside, Nancy had already gotten everything ready. By the look of it, Caleb didn't do anything, because he was asleep on one of the couches.

I laughed and greeted Nancy with a hug. "I'm sorry you had to do this alone." I laughed and looked over at Caleb. Nancy crossed her arms with a disappointed look.

"I don't understand how he still is working here. I swear if it was me, Elisabeth would've fired me." Nancy said with a annoyed voice, I just laughed and agreed with her.

Elisabeth it's our boss's name. We all think she has a crush on Caleb, even though he is around my age and Elisabeth is 40 or something. But a crush is a crush.

"It's probably because I'm hot." Caleb said as he sat up, he smirked at us. Of course he was awake to hear us. I'm glad he was the one to say it, otherwise I probably would have.

We just laughed it off and opened the shop, the costumers soon started to float in and the shift was officially started.

(A/N)

Posted 4 chapters, and it's not even been a day apart. I gotta get medal for that.

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. I have to work a lot the next few days, so I don't know if I'll be updating before sunday.

So as always, if you liked this chapter; show it some looove! I really appreciate it!🖤