Chapter 8

Hayden

It's been a week since the party at the trap house and to be honest, I've been avoiding all of them. I'm embarrassed that I actually made out with Colby, I didn't want anything like that to happen. The friendship we were starting to get, is definitely ruined now.

I've seen them walk in and out of their house, but I just pretend I didn't see them. The texts are hard to explain to them, if I ever talk to them again. I haven't been answering them either.

The only person I've been talking to is Kat, she said that I shouldn't be embarrassed and that it was just a party, but I'm still avoiding them.

Anyway, my best friend from New York - Amanda - is coming to visit me this weekend. My dad is actually picking her up from the airport right now. I decided to wait at home.

My ears perked up as I head a car stop in the driveway. Making me run downstairs and out the front door.

Both of us screamed as we saw each other, probably annoying the neighbours. I ran up to her and welcomed her with a big hug.

It's been around 3 weeks since I last saw her and for us, that's a lot. We used to be together every day, and I now realise how much I missed her.

"I missed you so fucking much!" Amanda yelled as we broke away from the hug. "I hate the fact that you moved." She sighed.

"I missed you too, and I know. It sucks, I would rather be in New York." I told her with a pout. Sometimes I actually regret moving with my parents.

"How is everything with the family?" Amanda asked as my father went inside to give us some privacy. I chuckled and scratched the back of my neck.

"Same thing, I wish I just stayed in New York actually." I told her. We sat down at the pavement, it is better to talk outside so my parents wouldn't hear it.

"You can always move back, we could live together." She smirked at me, knowing that could make me want to move back even more. I laughed and nodded, both of us grinning like idiots at the thought of that.

Suddenly I heard yelling from the other side of the street, I looked up and saw the boys probably doing some sort of prank. Quickly I told Amanda that we should head inside with her luggage. She agreed and we went inside before they noticed us.

I'm still not prepared to face them again, I don't know why I'm so embarrassed by all of this. I guess you could say that after that night, I might have gotten a small crush on Colby. I don't want to have feelings for him, knowing he won't feel the same way back.

Therefore I think it's a good thing that I'm not with them, kinda taking a break so the crush won't grow to something bigger. The last thing I need at the moment is to get my heart broken or get disappointed because of a guy. It's just not worth it.

If I'm actually going to move back, I don't want any other attachment than my parents and brother. They are the only reason I'm not packing my bags already. Even though they aren't the best, I'm not feeling good about the fact that I would have to leave them. They are the reason I'm even here.

"What are you thinking about?" Amanda asked me as she sat on the bed beside me. I just shrugged, not really in the mood to talk about it. "C'mon, I know you better than that. Tell me." She whined, doing her famous puppy eyes.

"Alright, so it this guy..." I began telling her everything, it felt nice to tell someone else than Kat. She knows them so much better than me, and it's just easier to talk to Amanda about this stuff.

"Oh damn..." she trailed of, thinking about my current situation. "Does he have a crush on you?" She asked, I shook my head, doubting that he even would. "Alright, that's weird." Amanda said with a frown.

"Why is that weird?" I asked her, slightly confused by this. She chuckled, probably because of the look on my face.

"Well, he was the one who started kissing you the second time, and he also commended on your Instagram picture. So why wouldn't he be into you?" She said, which made me think.

His fans actually think that something is going on, I guess a friend of them posted something on Snapchat, because I've never gotten so many dms asking me questions. Some of them are actually really mean, who would have thought that I would get hate because of a kiss.

"I guess that's something, but I'm not going to do anything about it. I don't think I want to date anyone at the moment." I told her. I groaned and laid down on my bed.

"You can be friends with benefits." She wiggled her eyebrows at me, making me burst out laughing. This girl is too much.