Chapter 5

(A/N I feel like I don't put in enough conversations, so I'm going to work on that.)
Hayden

My parents never said anything about me being gone for 4 hours, so I spent all day in panic for no reason. Anyway, it's finally Friday which means I'm not grounded anymore. It's just been a couple of days, but my parents aren't that strict and I'm 19. So if they grounded me for a longer period of time, I wouldn't listen to it. Even though I just snuck out last night.

I decided to go over to the boys' house and Devyn of course, to see if they wanted to hang out. I put on a pair of jeans and a red crop top, and walked out of the house. On my way over I could already hear them, meaning that they probably were filming something, so I texted Sam that I was coming over in a few seconds. He told me to just go inside.

As I opened the door Corey screamed like a little girl and looked at me with shock. "I was not prepared for that." He said as I burst out laughing. "You - you sounded like a little girl." I said and laughed even harder, tears forming in my eyes. "I did not!" He yelled, faking hurt. When I finally stopped laughing - still grinning like an idiot - I put my hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, but you really did." I said as Colby walked out of nowhere.

"What's going on?" He asked as he saw my big grin, trying to control myself from laughing again I took a few moments before answering. It really was a epic moment, I wish I had it on video. "Corey screamed like a girl, because I scared him." I told Colby, he just smirked at Corey. Probably not the first time he had heard this.

"What's up Hayden, what are you doing here?" Colby asked with a smile. Sometimes I wonder what happened to the guy who kept glaring at me, he probably understood that I'm actually nice. I don't know. "I was bored, so I decided to annoy you." I answered with a evil grin, his eyes widened at the look of my face. Probably wondering what I was about to do. I'm just messing around, I don't know them well enough to annoy them with anything.

"I'm just kidding... for now." I said and wiggling my eyebrows at him, Corey just laughed at us. "But really, I wanna do something fuuun." I whined, they both agreed with me on that.

"We're actually having a party later, if you want to hang around and join us, feel free to do so." Corey said and gestured me to follow him to the living room. Agreeing I went along, a party is exactly what I need right now. When I lived in New York - I used to party a lot. My friends always threw parties, usually they were a lot of fun.

When we walked in, Kat, Sam and Jake were already there. Aaron was probably playing some game for all I know. "Hayden! It's been so long." Kat yelled and hugged me. "It's been a few days, Kat." I laughed at her, after that she said something about it being too long, but my attention went to Colby. He was now sitting on the couch staring at me again, what's up with him and staring.

Just to have a little bit of fun, I decided to comment it. "Take a picture, it lasts longer Colby." I smirked at him, he just rolled his eyes and looked the other way, making me laugh. He is such a baby sometimes. "Like what you see?" Kat teased him, making me blush a little. "Maybe I should just take a picture." He shrugged, knowing I would get awkward by that, but I decided to play along. Wanting to see how long it took him to be the awkward one.

"Sure, should I pose?" Thank God I put on makeup today, otherwise I would be looking like a tomato in front of him. He would definitely be teasing be about that instead. "Um, I.." Colby started, trying to find the right words to say, I already knew that I had won this time.

Even though it was awkward, Colby ended up taking a picture of me sitting on the couch and giving him the middle finger. The picture was a bit blurry, but I really loved it and demanded him to send it to me. Which he did and things went back to normal after that.

Since it still was a few hours until the party was supposed to start, we decided to watch a movie. Kat and I stood our ground and got to decide which movie to watch. Since we are girls, we thought it was funny to pick a real chick flic, just to annoy the guys. We thought mean girls were the perfect move to choose, even though we both had seen it a million times before.

When the movie started all of the guys groaned, exactly the reaction we wanted from them. We ended up watching the movie tensely and making a few sarcastic comments every now and then. It was really cosy as we were huddled up together, shearing two blankets - even though it was really hot outside.

Eventually throughout the movie, I noticed Colby had his arm around my shoulder. I looked up at him, but his focus was on the tv, so I just shrugged it off. Probably nothing, I thought. But I couldn't shake the feeling of happiness as I snuggled closer, pretending like I didn't notice - but on the inside I was smiling.

I don't like Colby that way, but he is actually really nice and I feel like we can be good friends, if we get to know each other better.

(A/N) Filler chapter before the party, I got plans for that one. *wink wink*

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did - show it some looove<3