Chapter 9

England PoV:

You just had to, didn't you!? You just had to take America away from me too, didn't you? You sick bastard!

You had no business in this. It was between us brothers. But you had to poke your nose in it. And now he's got what he wanted, and I'm here alone again...

I stayed fixated where I'd fallen till everyone left. You came back after the rain stopped and pulled me back to my feet. There's a smug smile on your face.

"You bastard! Y-You're truly horrible Francis!" I scream at you through my tears.

Your arms fold around me in a gentle embrace. You smile a soft sad smile.

"You knew this day would come. You have to learn to let go."

Your gaze pierces right through me. I feel so furious. And it's because I know you are right. And I hate to accept it.

You had freed me from my brother's shadow and you did the same for him...

...but I wish, that at least once, just once the side you chose was mine...

I feel your warmth against my lips as you pull me close into a kiss. I want nothing more than to melt into it and wrap my arms around you, but I can't let that happen.

I only feel hate for you in the moment, and I want to make sure you know.

I bite down on your lower lip, and dig into it until the skin breaks and the blood starts dripping.

I wait for you to pull away, to push me away, for some sort of reaction to my attack, but you just stay there, still holding me; your lips still on mine.The taste of your blood fills my mouth, and I know you can taste it too.

I finally pull away, out of breath, and you release me and take a step back.

A single drop of blood drips from your lip and runs down your chin. Your eyes seem like they're trying to dig their way into my soul.

"Hate me, if that's what you need. Grow up. I don't want my enemy to be a child."
You place a final bloody kiss on my forehead and walk away.

That's right. We may share these passing seconds of closeness, and you may press your lips to mine as you would to a lover's, but we are still fuelled by hate; by bloodlust.

The proof of it is on my forehead, and the taste of it on my tongue.

We're enemies.