Chapter 6

Lucy and Dawn sat with Gale in their quarters, teaching Gale a card game and swapping hilarious stories. The storm calmed after two more days yet tensions on the ship were still quite high as food and water were starting to diminish and they were desperate to find land.

They had just been telling Gale of one of Edmund's hilarious and stuck up girlfriends from the Golden Age she had been a daughter of a Lord and her head was so full of air. Even Edmund laughed when he thought back about it if you asked him.

"She didn't!"

"She did!"

Dawn smiled fondly around at the two girls as they giggled away to each other.

"I can't believe she actually thought you were a servant Dawn and asked you to make her up a bath," giggled Gale. Dawn was quite glad that the young girl had gotten used to them and finally had started calling them by their actual names.

"Oh, I made her up a bath alright. Right there in the hall."

"What?! Really?" asked Gale, sitting up straight her eyes wide with shock yet still smiling widely.

Lucy giggled behind her hand, "she made a whole bunch of water appear and fall on her. Then it was suddenly all gone yet she continued to complain that her dress was ruined!"

"Thing was, the water I dropped on her cleaned off all the food stains she got from when she dropped loads of food on herself from breakfast that morning!" This sent the girls into another fit of giggles.

At that exact moment Edmund opened the door and exclaimed excitedly, "land was spotted." But the sight of Ed just sent them tumbling out of their seats laughing once more.

Ed shook his head as he back out of the room, "girls."

Once again they were all out on the long boats and going across the water towards the barren-looking waste land.

"I doubt the Lords stopped here, my Liege!" called out Reep, "there is no sign of anything living."

Lucy sat up front with Eustace, while Caspian and Edmund helped row the boat and Dawn kept the direction.

"Right," called back Caspian, "well, once we get ashore, take your men and search for food and water. The four of us will look for clues."

"Don't you mean the five of us?" It was Eustace who asked that.

Every person in the boat turned to look at him. Dawn couldn't help but give a mental 'What?!' which she was sure she sent accidentally to her twin who smirked at her and nodded in agreement.

"Oh, please don't send me back to the rat!" exclaimed Eustace.

"I heard that," spat Reepicheep from the boat next to them.

Eustace just curled in on himself and muttered quietly, "big ears."

"I heard that too!"

Caspian laughed merrily which got Edmund, Lucy and I going. The men with us all smiled and continued rowing.

Once reaching land, supplies were removed from the boat and crates taken for carrying anything useful that was found. Dawn noticed that Eustace had already wandered off. She just hoped he didn't get himself into too much trouble.

Caspian stood on a high stone looking around before gesturing for us to follow.

Lucy jogged after him, happily. While Edmund and Dawn tagged on behind. He threw his arm over her shoulder, "come on lets catch up."

"Race you!"

"Hey! Cheater!"

They joined back up with Caspian and Lucy who both smiled at their childishness.