Chapter 11

- I -

"Where are we supposed to go on a honeymoon?" I asked the Professor in confusion. Caspian sat at my side, nodded slightly in agreement.

We had been married two days ago, Aslan had left during the festivities with a quick farewell, saying he would see us quite soon. Very mysterious of him, I had to say but that was Aslan for you.

"Well... anywhere. Get away for a bit and enjoy being newly-weds," advised Cornileus with a deep chuckle and a wink which immediately had me flushing a bright red and Caspian to half smirk, half choke on his own breath. This was the man who practically raised him, though that was probably why he was trying to stop choking on his own breathing.

"We have a kingdom to run. We are the King and Queen, we can't just run off."

The large and jolly Professor, who reminded me quite a bit of Father Christmas, who I was looking forward to seeing again, he used to always have Christmas dinner with us, for a nice rest after delivering all those presents, wow I'm rambling in my head now. Wonderful. Anyway, the Professor, as I was saying before I went on a rant about Father Christmas, replied, "well, why not? It'll still be here when you get back, I promise."

"We can hope it would still be here. With our luck, probably not though."

The Professor laughed loudly at my exclaimation while Caspian chuckled quietly, I felt it more then actually hearing it.

Professor Cornelius got to his feet, "I'll leave you both to discuss your plans. Until later, your Highnesses." With a deep bow, he swept out of Caspian's study, leaving us alone.

Caspian did not waste time in wrenching me out of my seat next to him on the small sofa and onto his lap, a wide smirk spread across his face. I loved seeing this playful side to him. The life of a King was a rewarding one, something I knew well, but it was incredibly stressful. Thankfully, Caspian took it all in stride, yet it still took its' toll. Maybe we did need to get away for a little while.

"Well," began Caspian as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist before pressing a soft kiss into my hair, "what do you think? Want to get away for a while?"

I leaned back into his warmth and sighed in contentment, "it might not be such a bad idea. The kingdom would surely understand our want to get away for a little while. Newly married and all. Maybe it would do us some good."

He gently lay his chin on my shoulder with a heavy breath, "I suppose. But where would we go? We have all have Narnia to choose from."

"How about... Scáthtsolais?" I suggested, the idea popping into my head all of a sudden.

"Where?!" cried Caspian in shock, turning me around so he could look into my eyes.

I studied him in confusion. How could he not know Ríocht na Scáthtsolais? Surely he had been told about it or heard about it. I mean, he had been King for over four years now, yet he had not heard of this country.

"The Kingdom of Scáthtsolais. Shadow's Light. The Kingdom of the fairies. You know, King Oberon and Queen Titania. They should still be ruling, fairies are immortal after all, so I see no reason for them to no longer be ruling. Unless there was another war, which is very unlikely."

Caspian shook his head back and forth rapidly before bringing a hand to his head, "wait, what?! Slow down! King who? Queen Ti- Tati- what? War?! Wait, more importantly! FAIRIES EXIST!"

I stared open mouthed at my husband, "you live in a world full of magical creatures. And you thought fairies didn't exist."

"Well, no one has ever seen a fairy. Not even the Narnians," explained Caspian, "most believe them to be a myth or at least extinct."