Rescue

I heard the clock chiming. I wasn't sure if it was in my dreams or not. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. At first, I had forgotten what happened. Then I felt sharp pains all over my limbs and I remembered.

I tried sitting up with all my strength. It took time, but I managed to get up and look around the room. It somehow looked worse than it did before! There was dust and cobwebs all over the walls and corners, and the spare animal suits were ripped to sheds.

I then dared to look at the floor. When I did, I saw the 4 animatronic characters I had destroyed laying down, exactly how they were when I passed out. Only this time, I noticed something different: the children were gone! All I could see inside the heads were the animatronic skeletons!

I then smiled. I had done it. I freed the children trapped here for almost 20 years. And now that they were gone, there would be no more problems with this place.

I then looked down next to Freddy and saw a yellow piece of rectangular paper, as well as a pink square, I hadn't seen earlier. I limped over to it and took a look at it. I scoffed when I saw what it was.

"Good job, Sport!" Was all the pink Post-It read. Next to it was a yellow check for $120 in my name. It was my week's pay. I then started laughing uncontrollably. I really could care less about the money at this point!

I stopped laughing when my arms and leg started hurting. I then noticed I was still half-out of the Freddy suit. I was definitely stuck in this thing good...

Suddenly, I heard the front doors open! I stopped. It wasn't the manager, was it?!

"Mike!!"

I sighed with relief. It wasn't the manager! It was...

"Macey!!"

"Where are you?! Are you okay?!"

"I'm in the back room! And I think I definitely need to go to the hospital!"

I heard footsteps rapidly approach the door before I saw my sister rush into the room. When she did, she stopped dead in her tracks and looked around at everything. At the filthiness. At the broken robots. At her brother inside a costume.

"What happened...?!" She finally asked quietly.

"I'll tell you later," I said, wincing in pain. "Get me to the hospital! My arms and leg are broken!"

"Oh, shit!" She gasped. "Ok, hang on!"

She then rushed over to me and carefully picked me up. I winced in pain, but I had to suck it up.

It's a good thing she was stronger than she looked; picking up my weight, as well as the weight of the suit, couldn't have been easy.

It took maneuvering, but she managed to get a tight grip on me and carried me out of the back room.

"I couldn't believe you worked in a dump like this," she said.

"It's not THAT bad," I argued.

"Mike, it's like the place hasn't been used in decades!"

"...What?"

We then got on the stage and I got a good view of the whole area. I gasped when I did. Macey was right; it was like the place was abandoned for years!

Everything was covered in dust, the tables were flipped, and windows were boarded up! I kinda wanted to see the rest of the building, but I also wanted to get as far from here as possible!

"Let's just go," she told me.

"Let's!" I told her.

We then went to the door and left the restaurant. I managed to get one last good look at it. I smiled when I did. This place has caused enough pain for a lifetime. I was glad to be rid of it.

IT'S NOT OVER YET, PEOPLE! THERE'S STILL ONE MORE SHORT EPILOGUE TO COME!