"For starters, I don't drink. I thought I told you that", She said a little agitated and disappointedly.

"no, you did not tell me that. And if I'm not wrong you did drink on our last date, two years back and you said....", I said defensively.

"well now you know. A lot has changed over the last two years. So, try and keep up." she said cutting me off abruptly.

I was about to say something back to her when I was cut off yet again...

"and secondly, champagne is meant for when you are celebrating something. Look around you. Do you see anything worth celebrating?"

"yes, I do. The married couple dancing over there.... Their happiness is worth celebrating!"

"their happiness is worth celebrating for them. Hence, they are justified to be drinking champagne. But me... I just lost my best friend/sister to Justin, I lost a dear friend because of a kiss... what have I got to celebrate in all this. Hence sorry, but no champagne for me." She sighed trying to prevent herself from crying.

It hurt me that she felt this way when everyone was busy celebrating. Even Antoine seemed to quite into the celebration. Veronica looked at him and Crimsyn, the bride's maid that was in Antoine's arms, and sighed.

Still concentrating her vision on the couple Veronica asked, "do you want to go somewhere else? ... all this 'happiness' is making me a little sick."

"Yeah, sure. Where do you want to go?"

"I know just the prefect place." She said grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the room.

---------------

She soon led me into the adjacent ball room. It was lavishly decorated, probably for another wedding. The room was grand and Veronica started twirling around in the empty room, making her look like an absolute princess. I was lost in her movement and her smile that had finally appeared. The music from the adjacent room was audible enough and so was the laughter. It felt like everyone was there and yet we couldn't see them. It felt like we were sharing everyone's happiness but not letting anyone share ours. The fact that I was with the woman I loved made me beyond happy.

We pulled two chairs and sat there talking, trying to catch up with each other's life. Veronica seemed quite busy in life but she was enjoying it. she had gotten a piercing on her belly button and the news of this did nothing but turn me on. The 25-year-old apparently was learning salsa and she was also learning German. I was getting fascinated listening to her adventures with every passing second.

She was just so free. There was nothing that held her back. She literally had no fears and I wanted to support her in whatever she did. I did not want to hold her back under any given circumstance. I wanted her to enjoy her life to the fullest but moreover, I wished to be part of her beautiful fantasy. I wished that one day I could be her fantasy or a dream that she would chase with all her passion and energy.

Pulling me out of this fantasy, was the song "isn't she lovely" by Stevie Wonders. I knew Veronica loved him and his songs. She often referred to him as her brother because they were born on the same day.

The perfect song, for the perfect girl, in the perfect place for a dance, I thought to myself.

Without any hesitation I got up in the middle of our conversation. That surely startled her a bit, for her perfectly arched eyebrows crunched questioningly.