Chapter 4

The Game Was On

"Today's the day! I... AM...GETTING...MARRIED!!!!", Mary squealed with excitement. However soon her excitement vanished and was replaced by worry.

"Shit! I am getting married. I just can't believe this. What if Justin's not the right guy Ronnie? What if he does not turn up? What if...."

"first of all, Shut Up. Secondly, no matter what happens, I am there for you. So, just chill.", I said showing my wide and white smile. She hugged me and started getting ready. It was a fall wedding. Just the way my girl always wished for. Everything was going according to the plan. A few hours later, my father entered to see if we all were ready. He was going to walk Mary down the aisle.

Mary's parents had died in a car crash when she was 5 years old. She was like family to us and she always called my father 'dad', pretty much ever since she has known him. My father also believed he had two daughters- Mary and me. He loved both of us equally. Just looking at Mary in the white gown brought tears to his eyes. My dad was the strongest man I knew. Well he was my superman. I had never seen him cry. Hence the scene was extremely overwhelming.

"My little princess has finally become a queen... oh! I am going to miss you.", my dad said smiling through his tears.

"Stop it dad... I don't want to cry. It will spoil my makeup.", Mary said smiling and hugging him tightly.

Indeed, we were going to miss her. It was not a goodbye, but still... it was a beginning of a new chapter in all our lives.

I felt happy yet sad. I didn't speak unless I was spoken to and I refrained from conversations knowing that I would not be able to hold my tears back. Indeed, I was going to miss my girl, my saviour, my life boat, my treasure.

Meanwhile, Antoine had messaged me quite a lot of times to find out what was taking so long. The messages revealed that Justin was so tensed that Mary would not come to the church, that he was on the verge of a panic attack. But before something happened, Mary was "delivered" in the church with my father by her side. Everyone took their respective positions. Antoine was supposed to stand next to me as per the plan.

When I entered, I saw him in the tuxedo and my heart just skipped a beat. Probably, I did still love him or probably, it was just the environment of a wedding and the air of love surrounding us, that made it seem so. But whatever it was, it just made Antoine look like a Greek god to me. The blue of the tuxedo just elevated his features to such an extent that he was a feast to the eye. Naturally, many girls were hitting on him and being the 'women's man' that he was, I am sure he was enjoying the attention. He seemed interested in one of the bride's maids, which made me want to end that girl's life just then a there. But I knew better than this feeling of jealousy. So, I just ignored it.

As I approached him, I could see his jaw drop looking at me. It made me red but I managed to shake it off. You see, I had a strong feeling that I wanted Antoine, and I had an even stronger feeling he wanted me back. But I wasn't going to let him get me that easily. I wanted to take little revenge and I knew that making him try and seeing him fail multiple times, would probably satisfy my need for revenge. The experience would surely be worth the wait.

His eyes scanned my body in such away as if he was making mental notes of my measurements. I laughed looking at him and shutting his jaw with my fingers, I said- "Close it before a bee goes in."

"you...you...uh..."

"Are you going to finish the sentence today?", I asked cheekily. I could feel his breath get heavier and I knew he was finding it difficult to convey what he wished to say. But... who said I was going to help him?

"you...you look...WOW!!"

"Looking at the way you were staring, I thought you would say 'breath-taking', but I'll take WOW!!", I said with a smirk but he sure did turn red at the comment.

The wedding began and we entered and took our places. Then entered Mary with dad. The look on Justin's face was priceless. It had all kinds of expression ranging from happiness, satisfaction, love, comfort to peace, knowing the fact that Mary hadn't run away from the wedding. I saw the smile on Mary's face and the way their eyes never left each other the whole time. It was like they were spellbound by each other. They were the prefect couple. Everyone could just feel it. Everyone knew they would have their fairy tale ending. Mary was Justin's happiness and Justin was Mary's. I wanted the same thing for myself someday. I didn't know when, but now, I did know with whom.

I was sure about it. The man in the blue tuxedo was my destiny, and the one thing I was determined about was that I would go to any lengths to get him and this fairy tale ending with him.

------------------

The wedding was beautiful. It left almost everyone crying. I was getting down from the podium when a strong but soft hand held me by the wrist and pulled me back. I turned to see the man in blue looking at me with the most mesmerizing glare.

"So..." he spoke," they got married..."

"yah, they did. I know it's hard to believe, but we'll manage. We still have each other for company.", I said.

"yah, that's true.... Hey, do you ever picture yourself, you know... someday...in the white gown, in church, standing with the man you love, saying 'I do' and all?"

"yes, very much indeed."

"well do you have a man in mind? I ... I mean... you know... anyone you fancy to be your future man?"

I could see the tension he was in. He hoped I would say no but I wouldn't mind some fun at his expense.

"yes, I do have a man in mind."

I could see his face drop. His expression changed from one of hope to despair. I wanted to laugh but I controlled myself.

"oh...", he said disgruntledly," who is this guy? ... if you don't mind me asking..."

"James Bond.", I said absolutely seriously.

"James Bond?!?!... he is your future husband? Stop kidding. You don't want to tell me, don't tell me. But don't joke around with me." He said agitatedly.

Now I just could not control my laughter. His face was hysterical.

"you really think I would date anyone when there is an eligible candidate like you roaming around. Never in my wildest dreams is that possible." Saying this, I started walking down to join the others.

"What makes you think I am single?"

I heard these words and I stopped where I was. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Antoine wasn't single?? My heart stopped making me feel giddy.

I just had to confirm my fears- "You're dating?"

I waited eagerly for his answer. The Frenchman was trying my patience and I felt like I was a ticking time bomb which would explode anytime.

"No." he said coming closer to me and then whispering in my ears "Gotcha."

Saying just so much he walked away leaving me behind.

The game was on Frenchman, the game was so on, I thought to myself.