"Yaaaaaaay..." Why was he so happy? I pulled out a shard from his hand and he didn't even respond. Whatever is going through his mind right now, I don't think I'll be able to challenge it. Slowly, shard by shard, all the embedded glass in his palm was pulled out and all that was left was the gorges of pink liquid spilling out. I got a towel, cleaned his wounds and dressed them. I never was really that good at First aid, but I managed to messily dress his wounds.

"Fresh?"

He turned his head towards me.

"Darling, how're you feeling?"

"Yaaaaaaaaay..." He giggled. I just rolled my eyes before snorting. He really is like a little kid while drunk.

"You need me to do anything else?"

Fresh just stared up at the ceiling.

'Okay, then, call me if you need me, I'm going to go to sleep now-WOAH'

My sentence was interrupted by a sudden pull. It felt like someone had taken a cane, hooked it around my waist and pulled. The next thing I know, I'm pressed against something warm while something's stroking my head. My face was pressed against something warm as well. As I slowly take in my surroundings, I realise that all I can see is a block of light pink the same colour as Fresh's skin.

"Don' go..." He mumbled as he stroked the back of my head. "It's always so lonely when you go away..."

It felt like someone had dropped a ten ton weight onto my chest. This man had been so lonely. All of a sudden I feel guilty for times where I had lashed out at him and hurt him. I smashed a mug against his head and called him a murderer and yet...

I hugged him.

"Okay..." I stroked his hair. It was surprisingly soft as I ran my fingers through the sea of pink. The little peaks of black sticking out from the pink feel like actual ivory. I wrapped my arms around his body, and his chapped lips spread themselves into a smile. "Okay... I'll stay... I'll stay..."

'Are they gonna kill me?' He muttered into my ear. His voice trembled.

"No... No they're not, You're-You're gonna be safe and sound, Honey, you're gonna be okay..."

'They got two of it... Two of de triangles...' He muttered. 'They're gonna use them... n... An they're gonna end me...'

I stared at him. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I remember him say to me that he wanted to die. Why did his outlook on life change all of a sudden?

"They're not, okay? You've already got one part, and you've got lots of soldiers protecting you, so they won't stand a chance..."

Everything I just said in that sentence was a complete lie. First of all, Tetra and the others are most likely doing the "right thing", but Fresh was really the only one who actually was this kind to me. Everything I just said was riddled with doubt, and I really hope to god that he's too drunk to realise. But he just smiled and hugged me tighter.

"Darlin'?" 

'Yeah?'

"Where'zat music box?"

'Music box?'

"Where'zit?"

'I'm... not quite sure what you mean, you mean that music box I gave you?' 

"Ye..."

I turned around and craned my head upwards, scanning my eyes across the horribly messy room. A lot of the stuff he owned was strewn across the floor like legos, and I spotted something lying amongst them. I reached out for it, and the music box I had given him fit perfectly in my palm. During the ordeal, Fresh never let go. It was like he was afraid to lose me. I felt the cool metal, and I showed it to him. His eyes seemed to light up and he smiled. Taking initiative, I decided to wind it up and play the tune for him, He smiled. Why did he ask for this, exactly? Did he, like, listen to it before he goes to sleep or something? If he does... I could feel a smile creep across my face at the thought. I actually feel appreciated! The sound of a soft metallic melody played through the air. If I recall correctly, this was a folk song that sang about a beautiful, summer paradise, especially for those going through tough times. Ideal for someone like Fresh. I don't think he recognised the tune, so it must've been composed after his imprisonment.
"Heh... Little Butterfly..." He cooed. Shortly after, he fell asleep with a dreamy smile on his face and his arms weighing loosely on my waist.