V. And So it Begins

Meanwhile, the local news wasn't looking up at all. Teachers were reportedly striking everyday after they get off work. You could tell they were starting to get tired of nothing changing, but they were persistent in their struggle for higher wages.

The next day, the students could not wait to get started with Mr. Wallace. The teachers could see the angst among the students and wondered what could possibly have the whole class so restless.

"Today is the day!" Isabella said.

"We can't be sure it will even work. After all, we're just kids." Clement responded.

"We all have to have hope. We can't afford to all be anchors. Someone has to be the boat." Isabella concluded.

RING RING RING

"We should make our way to the cafe. Do you need a ride, Clement?" Isabella asked.

"If it is okay with your folks." Clement said with a smile.

"Don't worry about a thing, we also have to take Benjamin, Olivia, and we have to pick up Roy at the local auto dealer."

"Got to spend some time with his dad, eh?"

"Yea, I talked to him after school yesterday. He said that since his mom is a teacher, this could also affect his home life. He's fully on board with what we're doing."

The car ride there was loud. Isabella's parents told the crew to quiet down as least seven times. As we swung by to pick up Roy, Isabella yelled out the window,

"Roy!"

"Coming Isabella, just a second!" Roy responded.

When Roy got in the car, everyone greeted him.

"Hey, Roy!" The crew greeted.

The car grew awkwardly quiet when Roy joined the crew. He tried to make conversation, but it was quickly ended. Not many were very fond of Roy and his situation, but they all knew that he was an important aspect to this project.

Some whispered about him, while others continued their own conversations until I finally asked him. "What's going on Roy?"

"Nothin change, but the weather," he responded. "How about yourself?"

"I am doing well, thanks for asking." I had to make sure Roy didn't feel left out of this project or our group. He was such a detrimental factor of this, we couldn't afford him to be thrown off by things like that.

The cafe wasn't as crowded as it had been, but we could feel that we were doing the right thing. Clement asked, "Are we sure he's going to even show up?" Isabella was confident enough to respond, "Of course we are. He promised us after all."

After a few minutes of waiting, Mr. Wallace showed up, ready to get to work. It all started with us brainstorming ideas that could really get into the people's hearts. Though we brainstormed for a few hours, we all had the same idea in mind.

Suddenly, Mr. Wallace asked, "Why don't we all make a song together?" Boy did that get some love. Everyone was instantly on board.

"Perfect." Clement consented. If Clement was on board, so was everyone else. He was the brains behind this after all.

"We can work on it during our chorus class." Mr. Wallace informed us. "We have to make it sound like actual class to keep the other teachers off the radar. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise."

"For sure," Isabella said. After we all knew and were on board with what we were going to do, we were all restless to get started. People soon looked to Clement and I for answers regarding the lyrics, genre, and all of that. What they didn't understand was that it was going to be a typical chorus song. We would all sing together in a church choir sense. The idea of this turned some people off from this idea, but it was a good way to sift out those who truly cared and those who didn't.