Quartet - The Big Three

Começar do início

'Into the Zone more like Into the Toilet...' Lumina grumbled as she insulted the level. She, along with the rest of her siblings, were absolutely exhausted. But a question plagued their minds. This was the first time they've actually died and not have a single person manage to save them. There was a glowing white silhouette of a woman who guided their souls back to their physical forms. Who was this mysterious woman?

"Oh." Skye responded. "You guys going back in?"

'No...' Tetra mumbled. 'We decided to see if Vindicate me or Try this are any better... After like, what, half an hour, of course.'

"Damn... You guys must be exhausted."

"Yep..."

After they've rested well enough, they all chose to enter the second void - Vindicate me. They entered with a sense of unease, not knowing what was waiting for them, Trist hugged all of them before they entered.

Only to return 45 minutes later with no triangle and in a much more sour mood than before. They all grumbled as they practically crawled out and Trist had to support them all.

Skye decided to ask them how it went. "U-um... So, how was i-"

"VINDICATE ME?" Lumina screeched. Everyone in her presence jumped. Her eyes were tired, feral and looking like she was going to murder somebody. "VINDICATE ME??? VINDICATE ME MY MOTHERFUCKING ASS, THAT LEVEL, THAT FUCKING LEVEL WAS JUST VINDICTIVE. FUCKING KIWIFRUITS, WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE KIWIFRUITS? MAN, I HATE IT!"

Silence.

'TETRA, WHAT'S THE VERB FOR VINDICTIVE?' She snapped at her sibling, who just blinked in response.

'I don't think one exists...?'

"FUCK ME THEN. VINDICATE ME MORE LIKE VINDICTIVE ME." Everyone was speechless at her sudden outburst. But then again, the three that hadn't entered a Level yet completely emphasised with her. The next half hour was spent in silence as Lumina tried to calm herself down. She needed a little convincing from the other three to give the last one - Try This a try. "Cmon, just try it!" Quin smiled at his pun. Lumina slapped him. But finally, she agreed to go with the other three to the final level in the series. Try this.

And to their relief, compared to the other two, Try this was so much less chaotic. Into the Zone was like Unlocked, Vindicate me Lunar Whale, and Try This Spectra. It wasn't easy, it was just less hard. Thankfully this time, they actually managed to complete the level, and they only restarted Twice. But as the level completed, they realised something. Where was the white Triangle that usually appeared before they got ejected out of a void? It was only when that triangle appeared that they were able to get out. A minute and still no sign. The four of them began panicking as they flew around frantically, refusing to accept their fate of being trapped in a void for the rest of eternity. When all of a sudden, the white, glowing silhouette of a woman appeared in the centre of the void. The four of them all stopped in their tracks as they gazed upon the mysterious glowing shape. It was the same silhouette that appeared to them when they got revived after all four of them died. Who was this woman? She reached out her hand. The Quartet's attention was seized. Until suddenly, a single, white glowing triangle started to float up from her palm, rising up into the air like mist. Lumina looked at her. She looked at Lumina. The yellow shape reached out for the triangle, and she handed it to her. The moment it touched Lumina's hand, they all felt something tug at their collars as they were flint out of the void. Trist managed to catch all of them.

"Woo!" Neptune smiled widely. "That there been just twenty minutes! An' ye bought treasure with ye!"

The four of them looked behind them and were surprised to see a white triangle appear. With a sudden gust of wind, it shot past the seven of them as it collided with a wall at the far side of the open space, at the edge of the pool. Only Neptune would be able to reach it. Suddenly, as the wall crumbled, it revealed a switch. Neptune didn't even have to be told twice to disappear under the waves as he made his way to the switch, and flipped it. They heard a faint rumbling sound. Quin looked up and yelled out happily. "Guys!" He yelled. "Part of that ceiling's gone!" They all looked up and he was right. Supposedly all of the Corrupted that had gone up that place had flipped some kind of switch to close three doors as an extra layer of security. They all closed in a line, acting as layers. When Neptune flipped the switch, one of them opened. They all looked at each other and smiled. They knew exactly what to do now. But almost as if they had run out of batteries all of a sudden, Tetra collapsed onto the floor. Trist looked at them in a panic, before hearing a faint snore. They were absolutely exhausted and it was pretty late at night. The three remaining shapes all looked at each other as they joined them, trying to make themselves comfortable as they eventually fell asleep, quicker than the time it takes for your soul to leave your body. They all seemed dead if it weren't for the faint snoring sound being emitted off their bodies. Trist smiled to himself as he laid down next to them, and a little while later he was sleeping too. Skye and Neptune decided to chat for a few more hours before at last, Skye decided to join the others. Neptune, seeing as everyone was out, disappeared under the waves to find himself a comfortable place to spend the night.