Chapter 19

Lila

"Chris," I whispered softly. He held me tighter in response. "I'm so sorry. I was stupid and I wasn't thinking clearly." 

The people in the cafe were looking at us curiously. I didn't  care, all I wanted was to have him close to me.

"Come, lets go outside." 

I didn't realize the atmosphere in the Cafe felt suffocating until I stepped outside in the cool fresh air. 

I was so dazed that I didn't realize that we were walking through the park. During the days I spent throwing a tantrum, I came to realize that I loved Chris. No amount of denying would help me.

"Chris we really need to talk."

He stopped and looked me in the eye. I too stopped. "Clearly we've been having some communication problems. We really need to talk about them if we are to continue this relationship." 

"I know. It was mostly due to me though. I shouldn't have kept things from you." Chris sighed.

I put a finger on his lips, "Don't say that. We've finally started to fix things between us, lets not start with the blame game."

His eyes lit up, "I forgot I had this."  He dug into his pocket and fished out my ring. Getting down on one knee, he stared me in the eyes.

"I know I've done this before but for you, I'd do this a thousand times. I can be insensitive and a downright ass, I know. I love you with all my heart. I promise to treat you the best I can learning from my mistakes. I promise to love you unconditionally . . ."

I didn't let him finish, laughing I flung myself in his arms. Random persons started clapping. I kissed him tenderly. "They thought you were just proposing."

"Our love is eternal sweetheart." 

I pulled him to his feet. "We can definitely work through this with a few visits to a therapist." He nodded, his lips found his way back to mine. I don't know how long I spent in his embrace.

 I don't know how long I spent in his embrace

****

The sun was setting casting the park in a beautiful, orangey glow. "Beautiful isn't it." Chris murmured. 

"Ye - aaaaah" My answer was cut short by my cry of pain. My hand immediately flew to my stomach. Chris's arms were immediately around me. "Lila," he shouted with worry.

The park was empty. Just us and the sunset.

The next wave of pain that hit me had me clutching Chris's hand. When my vision started to swim and saw my surroundings blur out, I faintly heard Chris screaming at Marco over the phone.

Lol no. Its too early for her to go into labour.

xoxo

bye