23. She's riding with me

Start from the beginning

Yeah I did....

Did he always look this good? He was giving me this stupid smug look and all I want to do was just kiss that stupid look off his face.

Wait I meant....

Before I could over think anything and talk myself out of it I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. He was taken by surprise and didn't move for a second. But soon he responded back and it felt like the whole world had disappeared and it was just me and Trevor.

His hands went to the back of my neck trying to pull me closer. Damn it was hard in this stupid car.

But damn did his lips feel amazing against mine. I got lost in what we were doing I had totally forgot about what we were supposed to be doing.

The loud knock on the car window snapped us both out of it.

I looked over to see Zach smiling at the two of us.

"Are we getting ice cream or do you guys want to resume sucking each other's faces?" He asked when Trevor reluctantly opened the door for him.

"Ice cream sounds fantastic." I said before Trevor could say anything and got out of the car.

"Yeah fantastic." I heard Trevor grumble.

I watched as Trevor walked off towards the shop but Zach lingered behind and waiting for me to catch up.

He raised his eyebrows in my direction when I looked over at him.

"Just shut up." I shook my head and walked into Anna's.

Once we all ordered and sat in a booth there was obvious tension between me and Trevor in particular. I didn't know what to say to him. What the hell did I do?

"Ella, bathroom." Caitlynn grabbed my hand and dragged me out of my chair.

"What the hell is going on with you? Something happened I can feel the awkwardness." She said.

"Me and Trevor kissed like right before we walked in. We haven't spoken about it and I just don't know what to say." I ranted.

"Ok well you need to talk to him but until then let's not have the most awkward hang out in the history of all hang outs." Caitlynn chuckled.

"You're right I'll just talk to him after it's fine." I agreed.

We started walking out of the bathroom when Caitlynn stopped.

"Oh and Ella, I'm happy for you." She wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank you." I grinned.

We sat down at the table again.

"Damn my ice cream started to melt. This is what I get for drinking two whole water bottles today." Caitlynn sighed.

"At least it only resulted in a melted ice cream. I drank a whole two liter of soda one night when I was at Trevor's and it resulted in me not being able to sleep and having to get up like every twenty minutes to take a piss. Trevor ended up locking me out of the room because I was disrupting his sleep and his mom found me passed out in front of the door the next morning." Zach laughed.

"You could have just slept on the couch."  Trevor shook his head.

"I was knocking on your door trying to get you to let me in." Zach argued.

"Well I was sleeping so how was I supposed to open the door for you?"

"I'm your best friend you shouldn't have locked me out in the first place."

"You kept waking me up like every twenty minutes. What was I supposed to do?"

"Stay up with me." Zach stated.

"Oh do what? Braid each other's hair and talk about all the cute boys in our grade?" Trevor rolled his eyes.

"If that's what you are into, I don't judge." Zach laughed.

We all laughed along with him. I couldn't help but picture Zach trying to braid Trevor's short hair as Trevor tried to smack his hands away. It was a vision I would seriously cherish forever.

We all said goodbye and headed to the cars. I felt the smile slowly fall off my face when my nerves took over. What the hell was I supposed to do? Me and Trevor in a car together. I was starting to rethink my crazy decision to just grab him and plant one on him.

I sat in the passenger seat and just looked down at my hands as Trevor pulled out of the lot and started the drive back to the school. We didn't talk, we just sat in silence.

When he pulled up next to my car, I didn't really know what to do.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said and got out of the car not bothering to wait for him to answer.

I was almost at my car when I heard the sound of his door opening.

"Ella wait." He called out.

"What?" I asked ignoring the fact I knew what he wanted to talk about.

"Can we talk?" He sighed.

"Aren't we talking right now?" I deflected the question.

"Ella." He gave me a look.

"Fine what do you want to talk about?" I wasn't ready for this.

"What do I want to talk about? Are you serious? You kiss me and then we don't even get to talk about it. Now you just want to try and act like it didn't even happen but it did. We can't just ignore this. You're leaving me sitting around wondering what it means. I have no clue what is going on." He released all his frustrations.

I just stared at him. I didn't even know how to respond to that.

He took a deep breath to calm himself before he took a step closer to me.

"Why did you kiss me Ella?" He asked, he voice was quiet if he wasn't so close to me I probably wouldn't have heard him.

"Because I have feelings for you." I said softly.

His hand reached out and lifted my chin as he closed the short distance between us.

A/n:

Classes have officially ends and finals have started. It's kinda crazy that I'm almost done with my first year of college. Time goes by way too quickly.

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and are excited for the next one. If you did enjoy it don't forget to comment and vote.

-cora Leigh