Chapter 26 - It's called Hyperemesis Gravidarum.

Start from the beginning

I picked myself up off the couch, and headed upstairs. “Babe you want your tea?” I shook my head, I was trying to hold myself up. “Leah, sleep on the couch tonight hun. I will sleep in the chair.” I shook my head, “No I’m ok.” That was a lie. I was so shaky, you’d think I was having my own personal earth quake. “Come lay back down here.” He walked over and helped me back onto the couch. “Do you want to change into pajama’s?” I nodded. “Ok I will grab them quickly.” He ran upstairs, and found them for me. He was back in a second. “Bathroom?” I nodded again. He held me down the hall, and into the small room. I carefully changed, and washed my face. I felt a heavy feeling in my limbs. He took my dirty clothes from me, and wrapped his arm around my waist. He left them by the basement door, and helped me lay back down. He covered me up, and placed his hand on my stomach, “Easy for both of you ok.” I nodded. He smiled, “Baby sleep ok. I know you’re fighting it. Trust me you’re only going to make yourself worse.” I was exhausted, but I didn’t want to leave Hunter alone. He sat down in the chair, and looked at me, “Close your eyes ok.” I did as he said. He put on some Colbie Caillat’s song Capri. I listened closing my eyes.

She's got a baby inside

And holds her belly tight, all through the night

Just so she knows, she's sleeping sound

Safely to keep her growing

And oh, when she'll open her eyes

There will be no surprise

That she'll grow to be so beautifully

Just like her mother, that's carrying

Oh Capri, she's a beauty

Baby inside and she loving

Oh Capri, she's a beauty

There is an angel growing peacefully

Oh Capri, sweet baby

Things will be hard at times

But I've learned to try

Just listening, patiently

Oh Capri, sweet baby

Oh Capri, she's a beauty

Baby inside, she's loving

Oh Capri, you're beauty

Just like your mother, that's carrying

Oh Capri

I finally drifted off on the last part of the song. Hunter smiled, and closed his eyes as well.

Hunter was ready for work, and having breakfast when Esme arrived. “Hi there.” She smiled, speaking softly, and set down a two canvas bags. “What’s all that?” Hunter asked nodding towards the bags. “Ah that’s food. I have two more bags in my car. Alice sent up clothes for Leah." Hunter smiled, "This is very kind, but too much." Esme smiled, "Oh nonsense. We are family, and take care of one another." Hunter smiled, then dropped his voice, "Leah wants to elope now. I asked her to give it a few days." Esme smiled a little putting the good away. "That doesn't surprise me. That's up to both of you. It might be a nice idea." Hunter nodded, "She's been doing great, the pregnancy is starting to catch up." She nodded, "That happens." Hunter finished his coffee, and put his mug in the sink, "I will be home around four o'clock. I can start dinner if you want." Esme smiled, "Let me do the meals ok. That way you both can rest." Hunter smiled, then hugged Esme, and kissed her cheek. She smiled, "Have a good day." He nodded, kissed my forehead and left.  

I shifted a little, and tried to get comfortable. The nausea woke me up, "Mmm." I reached for my stomach. "Sip this and hopefully it will help." The aroma of ginger tea was in the air. I sipped it slowly, and moaned softly. "You're exhausted hun. Don’t try and get up unless you need to.” I choked on the sob that tried to escape. “Relax, what’s wrong?” I pointed for the basin. She quickly retrieved it for me, and I vomited. I tried to hold back the tears, but it was no use. She sat beside me, and held me with one arm, and held the basin with her other. I held my head, as it pounded relentlessly. “If this continues, I’m calling Carlisle. Hun you’ve not had anything to eat.” I whimpered, “Sue can’t handle this.” Esme hugged me gently, “Listen she’s well aware of what’s going on. I spoke with her this morning. I will stay as long as I’m needed.” I nodded, and felt a dry heave come, and whimpered. I leaned against her, feeling weak. “I just want my mom.” She reached for the phone, “I can call her.” I shook my head, “I have one here." Esme smiled, "Ok sweetie." I started to cry. I was so exhausted. I just anted to stop vomiting. She wrapped a blanket around me, and quickly washed the basin again. She sat back down, and wrapped her arm around me. I rested my head on her shoulder, and dozed off.