1

"Mum stop! I don't want to see mr and mrs Blairs son again." I shouted at my pushy mother. "I am fine with my studies. It's not 1654 you can't just arrange a marriage." I spoke more calmer remembering that my little sister Jane was asleep in her room. "Marianne I am not arranging your marriage I would just like for you to start thinking about your romantic future too." My mum answered getting angry and annoyed. "You know what I feel like I should just start the Uni in London." I said raising my voice to anger her. "Where will you live then Marianne?" My mother asked putting her hands on her hips. "I will just move in with Alex. He wanted me to move anyway!" I shouted before slamming my bedroom door and collapsing on my bed in tears.

A hour had passed and my face was pressed against my pillow when my father came in. "Marianne, are you ok?" He spoke softly and attentively. "I am fine dad just leave me alone." I said with a muffled sound. "Honey look. Your mother and I can't stop you from moving to london but we would like you to think about it first. We only want whats best for you, ok?" Dad whispered holding my hand as I sat up.

Me and Dad had been close since I was young and we always did things together even when Jane was born nine years ago. My mother was always quite cold too me, I dont know why.

"I have been thinking of going to the London Uni anyway." I looked up at Dad and he was smiling. "Then you go and reach for the stars honey." He kissed my forehead and left my room.

I couldn't help but smile. I knew I had to tell Mum and she was going to resent me even more but Dad had made me more confident. I would show her up but I need to book a plane ticket to London and also tell Alex I'm coming.

I woke to the California sun shinning brightly through the gap in my curtains. I sat up with a smile. Alex had ecstatically messaged me back after i fell asleep. "Marianne!! Get up for breakfast honey!!" Dad called from the bottom of the bannister. Normally Jerod the butler would do it but it's Sunday his day off.

"Morning Dad, Jane, Mum." I smiled and Mum looked up almost shocked. I grabbed some bread and put it into the toaster. "Mum i need to speak to you." I called from the kitchen waiting for the toast to pop up.

"What is it?" She looked from her newspaper with her glasses resting on the bridge of her nose. "I have decided I want to move to London for Uni." I answered quickly waiting for her too snap back but it didnt come back. "I heard the education there is good for young actresses like you." She said smilling. Obviously dad had spoken to her earlier. "I would like to move out within the week if thats ok?" I answered quickly yet again waiting for a snap but yet again it didn't come back. "Ok. I suggest you start now and if you get it done in the next few days you can use the jet. Jerod will help you tomorrow." She said looking back down at her newspaper.

I grabbed my toast and put some Jam on it and ran upstairs and called alex:

BIG AL: Hi
MARIE: Hi mum said it was ok and i could come in the next few days.
BIG AL: Yah mhhmmm.
MARIE: thanks again for letting me stay at yours.
BIG AL: its all good although i have another roommate. George. He's real nice.
MARIE: oh well us three will have a blast.
BIG AL: Yh of course. Gotta go George is calling me for a laate lunch. Talk later?
MARIE: Course. Bye
BIG AL: bye.

I started immediately packing all my things obviously neatly or jerod would get triggered. Within a few days of calling back and fourth with Alex and packing I was ready to go.

"And are you sure you don't want to take the jet?" My mum said straightening my crumpled jumper. "I will be fine." I pull her hands down to her side. "Bye Mum, Dad and Jane." Isay giving them a hug and a kiss each before tearing up and walking off.

"Jerod to the airport" I pat his back holding back the tears. We both get the black Audi and drive away from my now old house. "Do you want your usual radio station Marianne?" Jerod spoke with a thick british accent. "No thankyou Jerod. Jerod you know your from England? What is it like?" I rest my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. "Well the weather isn't the best part but the bars are!" We enjoyed a big laugh before our short journey to the airport ends.