Hurt

Alec's POV

It was morning when my eyes snapped open from a crash downstairs. My arms automatically tightened around Jane, getting ready to protect her from anything and everything that might serve as a danger to her. Jane gently strokes my hand, which made me loosen the grip a little but not by much.

"Alec sweetie, calm down. That's just Felix and Demetri being the goofballs that they are." Her sweet melodic voice said.

I sighed and nodded, getting up and heading to the showers. After relaxing in the warm water, I came out and changed into the Volturi uniform, only to find Jane still in bed, hugging the sheets. I chuckled at her adorable face, and peaceful state. Gently shaking her, Jane opened her sleepy eyes.

"Go away. I'm tired." She mumbled.

I laughed and pull the blankets off her body. She groaned and got up, walking to the bathroom and slamming the door behind her. I stiffened a laugh and made the bed vampire speed. Jane came out in her black dress moments after.

"Now let's go before I use my gift on you." She said, glaring at me playfully.

I rolled my eyes knowing that she would never ever use her gift on me no matter what.

"Do it. I dare you to." I smirked.

"Don't test me Alec. I can and I will if you annoy to that point." She hissed.

Ouch. She hissed at me?

"Do it." I said wanting to drive her to the edge.

She lashed around and glared at me, and within milliseconds my body felt like it was on fire. Every cell in me burned, just like the night of the stakes. I screamed, unable to control myself and tumbled to the ground. Jane seemed to realize what is happening and immediately stopped, rushing to my side. I scooted away from her, whimpering in fear. Her eyes shown with hurt and guilt for what she just done.

"Alec I'm sorry-" she started.

"N-no. S-stay away from me." I whimpered.

Jane just used my gift on me. And I thought that she loved me.