Chapter 2

"The earth laughs in flowers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sofia's POV

"What the hell!" One of the guy shouted in anger.

"I'm so-sorry. I'll leave now!" I slammed the door shut and ran in the opposite direction in shame.

I finally came across women's changing room. Everybody had already left. I quickly changed in my sports outfit. When I rushed out from the changing room a familiar voice startled me.

"Peeking through men's changing room isn't cute, honey."

I looked around to see Stella. She was smirking at my direction and had her hands on her hips.

"I-I didn't do it intentionally!" I protested. My jaw dropped when I saw the girl who gave me the wrong direction coming up to Stella all of a sudden.She hand over a 100$ note to that girl.

"You did a great job." She said raising her brows. The girl looked at me with her eyes filled with remorse but I wasn't having any of it. She mouthed 'sorry' and ran away clutching the note.

I was late for P.E. class and I got a twenty minutes long lecture from the P.E. teacher.As I hide my face in shame I didn't failed to notice Stella's smirk. She was busy spreading the hot gossip about me. 

"I knew she was a h*e!"

One of the girl screamed and the others giggled and agreed. I could see the boys giggling among themselves. I wanted to throw up when suddenly my eyes met a pair of charcoal black eyes. They looked sympathetic. Jackson looked at me as if he knew what I was feeling. He mouthed 'don't worry'. I don't know why but my heart skipped a beat. I weakly smiled at him. 

***

I was sitting alone in cafeteria and munching a sandwich. The news of me entering men's changing room spread like a wild fire in the school. I felt all eyes on me, my name was on everyone's lips. It was a bad feeling overall.

"Hey cutie!" A cheerful voice jolted me. I looked up to see the handsome face smiling.

"Hey...Jackson." I replied in a soft voice. He fetched a chair and sat beside me. His smell of cologne refreshed me but I was too shy to compliment him.

"Are you still thinking about the incident? Come on!" He was trying his best to cheer me up. The inner me was constantly awing him. My mood was still cloudy. I was actually afraid to talk to him right now because I had just threw up in the washroom. I checked my T-shirt several times for any vomit stain before leaving the washroom. I read somewhere that watching other's vomit may sicken others as well. I don't want anyone to feel sick because of me and I don't want him to feel sickened by my bad breath.

I heard him sigh in irritation. He ran his hand through his hair. He seemed annoyed. 

"My pals are calling me. Gotta go." He quickly stood up and left the cafeteria. The odd thing was that I didn't saw any of his friends waiting for him.

Do I annoy him?

I brushed away the thought after all it was not his business to cheer me up. I'm in high school of course I don't expect someone to pamper me.

I continued chewing on my sandwich when I saw Stella approaching. Her legs were shining. Maybe she applied lotion on them. Her pouty lips were now in a maroon colour. She balanced her tray with her one hand.

All the eyes were locked on her but her eyes were searching me. As soon as she found me she gave me a bitchy smile. She was coming towards me. I was torn apart between running away and staying here. She was cat-walking towards me. However, her feet trembled. She lost her balance and fell down with all her food spilled on her clothes.

Everyone gasped but soon the surprised hall was taken over with roars of laughter. Few girls started clicking picture of the magnificent event. Few boys started teasing Stella by asking the girls to post her picture on Instagram with a caption "B*tch finally on her forelegs!" 

I bit my lips to suppress my laughter. I stood up and went towards Stella. I offered my hand but Stella slapped it in reflex.

"I don't need your help! You pathetic b*tch!" She yelled at me. She glared at her girl friends. They helped Stella to her feet.

She stormed her way to the washroom and spent the entire day there probably applying perfume to cover the food smell.

I somehow sympathized Stella but at the same time was extremely grateful for her to stumble today. After all because of that the school forgot about me and started to post the picture of the "school queen" covered in food!

FUN FACT: Stella's father owns a chain of jewelry shops which is extremely popular in America. 

Vote, Comment and Share!

Love ❤❤

Dazzlingsisters