Chapter 3: Closet Doors

Start from the beginning

Adrenaline coursed faster through my heart as I frantically swatted at their cool, oily forms in an attempt to rid myself of them. All the while, I was jumping up and down to shake the others from my body, yet it was a useless effort when their pronotum figures reached my face and began suffocating me. My hectic screams were ceaseless; they filled the air with desperate, choked pleas. In the midst of my dismay, I started to feel faint and slipped, hitting my head on the floor. "Fuck," I groaned, clutching the point of contact. When I opened my eyes, there wasn't a single albino roach or black figure looming over me.

"Don't be a pussy, Al," I reproved myself.

I remained on the cold, solid ground, pondering my next step. Going back to sleep didn't seem like a plausible solution to dissipate my consternation. Alternatively, I decided to get dressed and go to the Roberts household. To avoid detection, I wore all black and a procedure mask.

~~~

I walked up to your back gate and let myself into the yard. It has been a while since the grass has last been mowed, but I'll cut you some slack. You have only been home for a couple of days after methodically weaseling your way out of prison. How anyone could distinguish you as a good person is beyond my understanding. However, even with what a cunt you and your wife turned out to be, I couldn't stay away from your daughter.

Fortunately, Melody has grown into the habit of leaving her window unlocked. Her reasoning is anything but spiritless as she does it for her boyfriend, Evan Trainer. He is a senior in high school that's still hoping to get a sports scholarship because he's too stupid to get better than average grades. I felt indifferent about jocks when I was in school, but he has managed to turn that indifference into full-blown hatred. He's a narcissistic, entitled douchebag.

Your daughter is too intelligent and discerning to have taken an interest in him. Therefore, I'm left to believe that he has manipulated her in some way, but I'll never allow myself to get too close. If I hate the guy as much as I think I do, I'm liable to choke him to death with his own jockstrap.

Nevertheless, my diligent dedication in obtaining revenge wouldn't have been volatilized if I couldn't get into Melody's room. I would have found another way to acquire some blackmail, but that isn't really why I'm here today. If I may say truthfully, I love your daughter and being close to her things has a way of making me feel better. It's why I would rather be here than at home.

Although, please try to remain level-headed because my infatuation with her didn't start until I realized she was of age. Melody is a couple years older than my sister and I just couldn't think of her that way, but you know how it is, right? Once a door is blown off its hinges it is nearly impossible to close. Maybe my feelings are because she looks like she could be your wife's younger, more insightful twin.

It always has a way of making me happy when I can spot the differences in their personalities, but don't get me wrong. I wouldn't waste the opportunity if I discovered anything revealing because I can't let my feelings distract me from what really matters—even if it meant destroying Melody's future. All I would need is some information to force you to meet me at an isolated location, then I'd kill you. Afterwards, I'd figure out how to deal with your wife but not until then.

Sometimes it's painful to be realistic, but there is no reason I would need to spare Melody if I had something to blackmail her family with. We could never be together and she hates me because you and your detestable wife spread lies about the situation.

Your lies may have ruined my "chances," but they also obliterated her trust in both of you. How is she supposed to know what to believe? The rumors were convincing, but the truth must make her question your lies. Perhaps in her eyes, you guys destroyed an innocent kid for the mistake your wife made.