There's a light

Cas hadn't been able to reach Gabe for a week. And he was getting worried. So, he decided to do what he had been pushing off for a while. He was moving in with his baby brother so he could help him.

Gabriel groaned when he heard a knock on the door and Cas's voice saying to let him in. He knew it was just a matter of time before concerned big brother showed up. He slowly got up and went over to the door, sighing and rubbing his eyes.

When he opened the door, he was attacked in a hug. "Brat! You're supposed to talk to people when you have another depressive episode." Cas exclaimed, hugging Gabriel tightly.

Gabriel was a bit surprised but hugged back. "Sorry..." He mumbled, tearing up. Then, all at once, he started crying, clinging to his brother. 'S-Sorry, Cassie... Just couldn't f-face more people..." He whispered, crying into Cas's shoulder.

"It's okay. Come on. Sit on the couch while I cook lunch because I know you probably haven't eaten much." Cas carefully led Gabe over to the couch, having him sit down before going to the kitchen to look for something to cook. "I'm moving in, by the way."

Gabriel choked. "W-what?" He temporarily stopped crying out of surprise. "Why?"

"Because you need someone around, Gabe. And, don't pretend you don't. I also know you need some form of alpha contact. Again, don't lie." Cas smiled over at Gabe, who looked down at his lap and fidgeted. The lack of response let Cas know it was okay and he searched around the fridge. "Jeez, Gabe. I knew you were lying when you talked about all the home cooked nutritious meals you were having. I'm ordering pizza."

He got out his cell phone, calling the pizza place and placing a quick order.

Gabriel went to protest, huffing. "Ramen is home-cooked!" Cas glared at him, making him shut up, immediately. "Then again, maybe not..." He mumbled, blushing.

Cas smirked, triumphantly, before sitting down on the couch beside Gabe. "Okay, talk to me. And don't clam up. I want to help you, Gabe. I know you're still having flashbacks and a hard time. So talk to me."

Gabriel blinked a bit before looking down. He decided to be honest. He needed to tell someone other than his therapist. Why not Cas? "I... I keep seeing everything in perfect detail. Everything before being taken is so fuzzy but my memories of being underground are clear." He couldn't help the soft whimper that escaped him.

"Shh... I'm here." Cas frowned, wrapping his arms around his brother and holding him close. He rubbed his back.

Gabriel clung to Cas and closed his eyes. "It just... It's terrifying... Because I feel like I'm there, again, sometimes." He whispered, curling up. "Thank you... Maybe it will be better with someone here."

Snickers ran over and jumped into Cas's lap, barking. Cas chuckled and pet the dog. "You're welcome, Gabe. I think it will be."

Gabriel smiled before seeing the small yellow kitten meekly padding into the living room. "Okay, so I didn't spend all my time here. I went out a bit. And bought a kitten. Snickers loves her."

Cas smiled and nodded, reaching a hand down to scratch behind the kitten's ear when it came over. The kitten struggled to climb onto the couch before being helped up by Cas, who picked her up by the scruff of her neck and set her on his lap as well. "She's pretty." He commented, having to let Gabriel go so he could pet both animals.

"Yeah... My little support group. We have a new member, guys." He pet the animals and jokingly introduced Cas, picking up Snickers. "I think Imma name her Lemon Drop."

"You and your candy. I'm glad you haven't lost taste for it." Cas smiled fondly and rubbed Gabe's arm. Then the pizza got there and Cas got up to pay.