❖ Chapter 4 ❖

Start from the beginning

I tilted my head, darting my eyes over in her direction and seeing that she was now peering down at her phone, eyes narrowed as her deep brown irises scanned across the brightly lit screen.

"What? What time?" Leo picked his head up, running a hand through his deep violet strands of hair.

Scorpio's shoulders slumped sadly and she only flipped her phone so that it was now facing Leo, who was sitting across from her. He peered at the screen himself, his eyes growing wide as he read over the text that was sent.

"Five till seven?! But we were supposed to go the arcade by then!" He lifted his gaze back up to Scorpio, who nodded silently and set her phone down. Even I could tell she was upset, seeing her push her plate of good ass looking food away and resting a hand on her cheek.

If she wasnt gonna eat it, I'd be glad to take it.

"Why don't you just sneak out? I would-" Aries asked, taking a slice of pizza he had gotten and placing the tip in his mouth.

"And get herself in trouble? You're nuts." Virgo shot back with a shake of her head, biting the end of her sushi and humming out of enjoyment.

Scorpio leaned back, gripping onto the edge of the table while her rosy red cheeks pushed out. "That doesn't seem like such a bad idea."

Virgo gave her one of those stern looks, shaking her head before taking another bite out of her sushi. Leo kind of just whined, slumping down in his chair and pouting his lips in frustration since he was pretty much the gamer type.

I didn't really care. Games were...cool? But I wasn't pussy enough to cry over them. How could these little kids rage and break their controllers? That was a lot of money that I wouldn't waste.

"I can't believe you still suck up to your mom." Mini, who was sitting at one end of the table, snorted as she swung her legs under the table.

I couldn't help but laugh tiredly at that, still having my head resting on the table. I noticed Scorpio shoot me a quick glare, before shaking her head and slumping down in her spot.

"I just...I don't know how to stand up to her," she explained, running a hand through her curled hair while she stabbed her steak with her fork.

Mini leaned back, shaking her head as she tsked. "You just need to do it." Was all she advised, having a confident smirk on her face while she picked up her bottle of water and took a sip out of it.

I pretty much rolled my eyes at her, seeing that she had possibly the worst advice that anyone could ask for. Mini was always confident in herself; mainly different from her twin, Gem, who didn't seem to have the mental capacity to make risky decisions as she could.

She was irrational sometimes, but fearless nonetheless. I remembered the one time I went over to the twins' house, only to watch a full-blown argument break out between Mini and their father. Even when getting slapped, she didn't back down.

For fuck's sake, she was scary.

   "You're literally an adult now and you still can't make your own decisions?" Capricorn asked with a tilt of her head, only to have Scorpio shake her head in response.

I nearly scoffed, folding my arms while still having my head down. Even I was 18 and I had the choice to make my own decisions, do almost anything I wanted as long as it was legal and within reason.