❖ Chapter 21 ❖

{Reminder}
Sagittarius's decision is:
Advise her to tell the others

9:35 PM

~Aquarius~

"Goddammit." I pulled away from the sink after rinsing off the last plate, tugging at my shirt which was now wet.

I was never a fast eater but it wasn't until today that it truly became an issue. Washing up dishes for almost thirteen people was not ideal and if I had to fish another piece of meat from out of the sink I would actually lose it.

I sighed, wiping off the counter with a paper towel before crumpling and tossing it into the bin hidden underneath the sink. Now that I thought about it, things could definitely be worse. I wasn't getting my head bitten off or sitting in the freezing cold, so that's a plus.

Of course, there was still the awkward tension we still had going on around the house, but hopefully that would soon be resolved. I really don't think I could sit through another dinner and watch Pisces and Gem try to desperately save a conversation. I couldn't even eat fast enough to leave the table in time.

    "Aquaaaa!" I turn as I heard my name, hearing the front door open and shut.

Sagittarius poked her head into the kitchen not a second later, her eyes gleaming with interest. Cancer was standing behind her and the look on her face was....odd. Practically unreadable which made me feel nothing but weary.

    "Have you come to help me out? I hate cleaning." I half-joked, lowkey hoping they actually would help, I was suffering here.

    "Nah, gotta eat quicker than that." Sag laughed, showing off her dimples as she smiled.

    "Or not eat at all." Cancer added, her voice quiet and a bit cold, definitely off-putting.

I nodded, an odd feeling sitting in my gut. Sagi's smile had wavered and she fully entered the kitchen, enough for me to notice the stack of papers held tightly in her grasp. I eyed it curiously, wondering if it was some kind of chore list or schedule but quickly debunking that idea after seeing their faces.

    "We found something. Cancer thinks it might be useful." Sag explained albeit a bit vaguely, handing over the papers.

    "It was in my mom's car. I only skimmed over the contents but it seems...relevant." Cancer added, still standing behind Sag and sort of hiding away from my view.

Relevant? I won't even lie, my eyes probably dilated a little when she said that. A part of me just wanted to go ahead and start digging for info—after all, we needed all that we could get—yet the other part of me just kept hesitating, my eyes blurring the words that I so desperately wished to read.

    "I mean...is it okay for me to...?" I trailed off, lifting my gaze so that my eyes met Cancer's, struggling to read her expression.

I knew she was going through a rough time since....y'know, and because this was her mom's personal belongings, it felt odd to just...pry through everything like that.

Cancer's eyes avoided my gaze, thin-lipped and tugging at the hem of her windbreaker. It was like she had so much to say but kept it suppressed so far down that she appeared mute. She shrugged not too long after, a sigh escaping her parted lips.