❖ Chapter 27 ❖

December 5th, 2009
2:12 AM

~Taurus~

    "AAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

I jolt, my body springing right up and would've gone flying out the bed if it weren't for the heavy blankets weighing down on me. I felt my skin crawl, hearing the shatter of what sounded like glass shortly after the petrified scream.

"Taurus..!" My eyes shot to the floor, hearing Libra hiss my name and seeing that he was sitting upright, already clutching his bag to his chest like he was up and ready to leave.

Pisces was up too, looking more confused than afraid. He scratched at his messy hair, letting out a yawn like it was completely normal for him to be woken up in the middle of the night.

It had been for me too, but this shouldn't be normal. Not here.

"You're going out there??" Libra squeaked as I got up out of bed, the cold hitting me instantly and making me wish I could go back into the comfort of my blankets.

"Yes???? Did you hear that scream, someone might be hurt!" I tensed up, hearing footsteps outside the door, hurrying to see what all the commotion was about.

"Well I'm sure as hell not staying away from the action." Pisces stood up with a loud stretch and a tiny scream, shaking out his limbs to wake himself up.

"Wait, don't leave me!" Libra scrambled out of his sleeping bag, slinging one strap of his oversized bag over his shoulder.

If it were any other situation, I would've laughed seeing Lib nearly fall over after trying to stand up. The hurried footsteps from outside kept me focused though, immediately flinging open our room door and filing out like we were caught in a fire.

The first person I saw was Mini, who was—of course—armed with her handgun. She looked miserable, obvious dark circles under her eyes that was made even more apparent as the hallway light was flicked on. She looked to me, furrowing her brows.

"Are we back in school...? This feels like some fire drill.." She grumbled. I'm guessing she wasn't fully awake...which was concerning since she had the gun.

I wordlessly agreed, feeling the panic fester within our group. There was chatter that I couldn't pick up, the others quickly hurrying down the stairs, practically shaking the house with how heavy some of their footsteps were. I could faintly hear more glass breaking above the chorus of voices, my stomach churning at the thought of a break in.

"Ah..!" Sag had reached the bottom of the stairs first and immediately yelped, shakily pointing over to where the front door was while hiding behind Capricorn.

My eyes followed to where she was pointing, immediately seeing the source of the sound. The glass pane of the front door had been shattered, littering glass all over the floor and letting cold winter air rush in. From the opened space came a mass of dirty, grimy hands that clawed fiercely at the door, the ones stuck outside resorting to banging against it.

"What the hell...? Where did they all come from!?" Gem just lost his breath, shocked by the number of zombies clawing at the door.

Where did they come from? Last I checked, most of them had left the neighborhood, leaving only a few stragglers. What attracted them back here?