Ep.14: The Stanchurian Candidate

Your POV

My head and back ached as I slowly woke up from my slumber. I felt hard floor underneath, and my now opened eyes didn't recognize where I was.

There was only floor. No walls, no roof, no objects. Weakly, I stood up, looking around for any sign of, well, anything.

I began to walk with what little strength I had, trying to find a way out. My blood ran cold as I heard the strange noises of a baby, crying.

Nervous to what I'd see, I made my way over. A crib stood in the middle of nowhere, and a small infant was inside. The part that scared me was that it was covered in (f/c) flames, but I could tell it wasn't crying of pain.

Behind the crib, however, was a symbol I did recognize: a heart surrounded in (f/c) flames. My grabbed my pin from my hair. I had gotten this in the shack the day the twins and I had our first adventure.

Slowly, a large figure started appearing behind. My family's home had now appeared, the crib standing in front of the door. A few familiar people stepped out, shocked at the sight of it. I could see the fear in their eyes.

They took it in, thinking it would be a danger to others, and soon after, it all faded away.

Before I knew it, I was the one in flames this time. My heart bested fast and my breathing became heavy and uneven, my chest feeling heavy. I kept growing weaker and weaker with each breath I took, and it wasn't long until my vision turned into darkness...

...

...

...

"(y/n)?"

...

"(y/n)!"

...

"(y/n), wake up!!!"

I felt someone shaking me from my shoulders, making me shoot up. I was covered in cold sweat as I took in a sharp gasp, steadying my breathing. I saw Dipper and Mabel starring at me, both their faces covered in worry.

You: Wha... what happened...?

Dipper: You were having a nightmare...

Mabel: You started freaking out in you sleep!

You: ... *take a deep breath* Well, thanks for the wake up call...

Mabel: I know what will make you feel better: breakfast! *runs out*

Dipper: *rolls his eyes* You ok...?

You: Yeah, I'm good...

Dipper: *gives a soft nod before leaving*

I wasn't scared, only confused. Who was it? Why did the flames not hurt? What did it all mean?

I shook it off. Dreams are weird, it's a normal thing, right?

I took a few minutes to calm down before getting dressed and going downstairs. When I went to turn on the light I noticed the lightbulb had exploded. I called for Stan but he was nowhere to be found. Ford came instead and fixed the lightbulb. The twins and Soos cheered, I just gave him a smile. By the doorway was Stan holding a box of lightbulbs.

Mabel: Does anyone see this?!? *points at Ford* This is what a hero looks like right here!!!

Stan: I thought we were out of lightbulbs.

Ford: Oh, we were! So I invented my own! It will last a thousand years and the light it emits makes your skin softer!

Soos: *caressing his arm* Never have I known such softness!