I tried to keep my hand still, but it began to shake. Phil squeezed my hand and carefully leaned over, kissing my cheek.

The lion stopped right in front of our hands. It brought its mouth to one of Phil's fingers and I was about to yank our arms back when I felt something wet on my hand.

The lion was licking us.

Phil laughed, "see." He said.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, pulling my hand back cautiously and performing a much necessary fringe check.

Alyssa smiled at us. "Hey guys, I'm gonna go to the bathroom, meet you at the koalas." She said, then walked in the direction of the bathrooms.

Phil turned towards me.

"Hey, can I ask you something Dan?" He asked, and I nodded, finding his eyes through his fringe.

"Were you jealous earlier?"

Play dumb, play dumb

"Jealous of what?"

"Well, that's for you to answer if you were." He explained, searching my eyes.

I didn't want to keep anything from him. I felt like I could trust Phil. He was my best friend, and I really liked him, even if I'd only known him for about a week.

"Okay. Fine." I said. "I just really like you, and I've always been the jealous type, I can't help it. And you've been friendly towards Alyssa lately."

I took my hand and swept his fringe out of his eyes slowly. "I like you a lot." I finished.

He smiled. "You muppet, I'm pretty sure I'm homosexual last time I checked."

Oh yeah.

I went red.

"Well in my defense, you never clarified on that. You've only told me you weren't homophobic. You could've been bi." I pointed out, but smiled knowing that I wouldn't find him cheating on me anytime soon- or at least not with a girl.

"Well I guess." He said, "but I'm not. And I really like you a lot too." He said and leaned forward, touching his lips with mine gently, before pulling away and standing up, bringing me with him.

"We've gotta head to the koalas."

I followed him.

We reached them and Alyssa wasn't there, and then we heard a scream; scratch that, we heard many screams, some high, some low, and realized that it was a crowd, all panicking and running away from the direction we had just come.

They were running towards us, and away from the lions.

We ran over as fast as we could to see what was going on, but I only caught glimpses.

A girl, brunette with red tips, being hurled into a man's arms and rushed out the zoo gates as sirens approached.

The same girl being strapped on a gurney and hauled into the ambulance.

I knew her, but it felt like she was a million years away.

Suddenly, my hand was grasping hers. My hands were wet, and she was pulled away from me.

Then I came to a stop. Phil also stopped, beside me.

"Only one of you into the ambulance. We need to leave, now." Said a voice. I couldn't process anything, except that Phil was gonna leave.

"Can't we both just go?"

"Only one in the ambulance, we need to leave, now."

"Don't leave me." I squeaked to Phil as the sirens roared in my ears.

"Fine. Get in, but if you cause any trouble we're gonna have a huge problem."

I was lifted into the ambulance, and sat next to Phil.

Everything was happening so fast.

That's when I realized. That girl, that was one of my best friends, lying in front of me with her eyes closed and a oxygen mask on her face.

That was Alyssa.

That cut deep.

I looked over at Phil who was spaced out, but still gripping my hand.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and realized that I was crying, and I had been for a while now.

I couldn't take it.

I pulled my hand from his and I started itching my wrists, but Phil noticed. He grabbed my hand and wrist and looked me in the eye.

"Stay strong for me." He leaned forward and rested his forehead on mine.

"Okay?"

"Okay." I agreed, and the ambulance came to a stop.

Time to get out.

-----

DUN DUN DUNNNN

My friend told me to get to the drama part. So here ya go. hahaha, have fun

predictions? Anyone?

What happened to Alyssa?

Is she gonna be okay?

Find out next time blah blah, okay, bye babes. Love you guys <3