Chapter Six

Dan and Phil looked at each other, then back at the mob that sat down close to the doors of the bathroom, snickering and smirking at the entrance to the restrooms.

Phil scooted towards Dan and leaned in, whispering in his ear.

"Should we go after her?"

"They are right there.." Dan tried hard to make his words not sound like a whimper.

"It'll be alright. We could just act like we are going to the bathroom, then walk down the hall to the..women's bathroom."

"We can't both go at the same time..I can go if you want?"

"If you want to. I'll wait out here."

Dan and Phil's hands had dropped when the crowd came in, because of course they knew those people; they were the "toughest" kids in their school.

Phil gave Dan a sad smile and watched him walk to the bathroom.

A boy from the table looked up as he passed, but thankfully he only glared at Dan.

Dan took a deep breathe in the hall before leaning against the women's restroom door and listening, hearing quiet sobs.

He knocked, whispering to let her know it was him.

She unlocked the door and pulled him inside, quickly locking the door once again, before turning around and pulling Dan into a tight hug, crying softly into his shoulder.

He hugged her back and rubbed patterns in her back with his index finger to soothe her.

"Dan what am I going to do?" Her voice shook a bit, and Dan felt really bad for not knowing what to do.

He thought, then squeezed her shoulders.

"You could stay here until they leave?"

"They won't leave Dan. Trust me they will wait."

He thought, looking around the room, his eyes falling on something.

A window.

Alyssa followed his gaze, staring at the window.

"You could jump out of that."

He walked over and looked out.

"It isn't too high.."

"Yeah, it's really the only option."

She looked out at the soft looking grass under the window, knowing that it wasn't as soft as it looked. It was about a 10ish foot drop.

She hoisted herself up with the help of Dan's hands, and sat in the frame.

"Thank you so much Dan." she said, squeezing his hands.

"It's okay. I wish there was another way that was safer, he said, looking at the ground.

"hey." she playfully punched Dan's arm. "No worries." She smiled, and let go of Dan's hands.

"See ya tomorrow. Oh and tell Phil I'm alright." she said, then she let go of the window frame and began to descend from it.

Dan couldn't look, until she heard heard footsteps running away. He peered out and saw Alyssa, running with a slight limp.

He smiled and went to the door, listening and making sure nobody was behind the door, he came out and walked back to the table where Phil was sitting.

"Is she alright? Wait where is she?" He looked at the bathroom, then at the door, then looked at me worriedly.

Dan scooted into the booth next to Phil and put his hand on his shoulder.

"She's okay. She had to jump out the window, but she made it out barely harmed; I only saw her limping, but other than that she looked okay."

Phil sighed in relief.

"So after this are we still going to mine?"

"Sure." Dan smiled.

"Hey, I kind of lied..about my dad. He's away for a couple days, so would you like to sleep over?"

Dan thought for a second, then agreed to stay over.

-

Phil's P.O.V.

I looked over at him to see him hiding his face behind his fringe and nibbling on a French Fry.

He looked so adorable I wanted to lean over and kiss his cheek, but even for friends that was a little too intimate at the moment.

Instead, I leaned over and pressed my shoulder to his so there was no room left between us.

He looked at me and smiled, showing his dimples.

-

Damn I really wanna kiss him

-

No, I can't. Not here...

---------------------

I'm camping and I feel like ripping my friends head off for my own entertainment.